Quick Memo+ and Battery

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I chatted with someone on the XDA forum about screen on time and idle time. Turns out, Quick Memo MAY be draining some of our batteries and we don't know it. You have to manually force stop it, so.... I downloaded Greenify (i know.. don't hate) to hibernate that app. So far, I'm at nearly 2 hours SOT with 75% battery left.. That's WAY better than I was getting. I was averaging maybe 4 hours of screen time.. Now it looks like I'll be getting way more. I'll keep testing this out, but this is literally all that I changed, besides download GSAM and activating the adb permissions so I can see what's chewing through battery (nibbling I should say)..

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Because I keep forgetting to post screen shots.. This was today.. It's ok, but I got 5 hours of SOT while using about 45 minutes of GPS via Waze today.. Not bad.. I'm very happy with this finding.. It's literally only quick memo
0b83d3e757497e4b60759cd743b5fd51.jpg
cd0012755a78ce3c12816123de6771dc.jpg

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Interesting but unfortunate. Memo is very important to me. please leave long term updates regarding this because a third party memo app is not something I want to resort to. I always worry about battery issues with 3rd party apps.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Interesting but unfortunate. Memo is very important to me. please leave long term updates regarding this because a third party memo app is not something I want to resort to. I always worry about battery issues with 3rd party apps.

I force stopped it but I also noticed that it says it's always running 100% of the time.

Attachments

• 1318.jpg
    1318.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 74

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My phone drained like 20 percent over night but I'm still going to get at least 4 hours of screen time.. I don't even know why I had that drain either.. We'll see. Haha

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
QuickMemo can't be disabled on my G6, and it appears to be tied into all system software to where greenify has no effect. I just keep checking it every so often to see if it needs stopped. It's a little bit better with it not running but it still seems to draw some battery somehow.

Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-47-28.jpg
Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-46-24.jpg
Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-46-44.jpg

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Matthew Sanchez1

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I remembered seeing something about this after doing a quick search after experiencing battery life issues on my G6 (T-Mobile variant), so I tried uninstalling QuickMemo+ a couple days ago just as a precaution.

Completely forgot I had done so until I got some crazy good battery life yesterday (6+ hours of SOT with ~15% to spare) during a full day of travel, then tried to take a screenshot of my battery usage screen. I realized I no longer had the QuickMemo+ app shortcut in my notification shade, then remembered I had uninstalled it.

That app had to be the culprit, or at least how it interacts with the T-Mobile variant. I did nothing else to my phone or settings. Thanks for confirming my suspicion/experiment, Jeremiah!

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I remembered seeing something about this after doing a quick search after experiencing battery life issues on my G6 (T-Mobile variant), so I tried uninstalling QuickMemo+ a couple days ago just as a precaution.

Completely forgot I had done so until I got some crazy good battery life yesterday (6+ hours of SOT with ~15% to spare) during a full day of travel, then tried to take a screenshot of my battery usage screen. I realized I no longer had the QuickMemo+ app shortcut in my notification shade, then remembered I had uninstalled it.

That app had to be the culprit, or at least how it interacts with the T-Mobile variant. I did nothing else to my phone or settings. Thanks for confirming my suspicion/experiment, Jeremiah!
Glad that it helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1