I have an armor suit protector front and back along with a caseology case, and have always been extremely careful with my mobile handsets. I boarded a flight with the camera protective glass intact, and left the flight with it shattered completely.

The phone never dropped and stayed in my pocket the majority time. The LG G5 and the LG V20 has had the weak camera glass problem, and now it seems the G6 has inherited this issue. Tmobile won't help, and has directed me to pay the $175 insurance deductible....I don't agree since this is a faulty design and not the fault of the user.

Multiple posts on reddit about this issue more and more people are having under similar conditions.

Thanks #LG....poor engineering. I did not have this issue with the Samsung S7 Edge
    04-21-2017 06:44 AM
    I have an armor suit protector front and back along with a caseology case, and have always been extremely careful with my mobile handsets. I boarded a flight with the camera protective glass intact, and left the flight with it shattered completely.

The phone never dropped and stayed in my pocket the majority time. The LG G5 and the LG V20 has had the weak camera glass problem, and now it seems the G6 has inherited this issue. Tmobile won't help, and has directed me to pay the $175 insurance deductible....I don't agree since this is a faulty design and not the fault of the user.

Multiple posts on reddit about this issue more and more people are having under similar conditions.

Thanks #LG....poor engineering. I did not have this issue with the Samsung S7 Edge
    Contact LG. And yes, Samsung did indeed have this problem last year with the S7 line, as well as screens on the Actives shattering without impact.
    04-21-2017 07:56 AM
    Agree on going to LG. They should be quick to assist in replacing your phone, considering it can't be more than 3 weeks old at this juncture. They'll probably want your current handset back for testing as well, but small price to pay for a new replacement.
    04-21-2017 08:34 AM
    The G6 is kind of sealed pretty good for water intrusion. The pressure differential in the aircraft might have been enough to shatter the lens. Pound on LG.
    04-21-2017 09:38 AM
    04-21-2017 12:27 PM
    Contact LG. And yes, Samsung did indeed have this problem last year with the S7 line, as well as screens on the Actives shattering without impact.
    They were um...male genitals about it. Not the best customer service, implied it was my fault and no guarantee on fixing.

Agree on going to LG. They should be quick to assist in replacing your phone, considering it can't be more than 3 weeks old at this juncture. They'll probably want your current handset back for testing as well, but small price to pay for a new replacement.
    *thumbs up* See above.

The G6 is kind of sealed pretty good for water intrusion. The pressure differential in the aircraft might have been enough to shatter the lens. Pound on LG.
    *sigh* This is what I was thinking....

Weird..
    Indeed
    04-21-2017 04:28 PM
    Hmmm I was thinking about the glass repair epoxy that is used to repair windshields....think it will work on this glass cover?
    04-21-2017 05:18 PM
    Interesting theory but not realistic. We would have thousands of phones with similar designs popping left and right. Tempered glass can break by itself but it's rare. When it breaks by itself it's because something the industry refers to as a "stone' forms in the glass and as it grows larger its shatters the glass. When it breaks on its own its a spiderweb like break with no evidence of a puncture. Virtually all of the breaks I've seen on LG and Samsung look like a puncture as a result of an object pressing up against it. It doesn't take much to break these lenses. I had one break on the G5 that I thought happened on its own, but truthfully are we always looking at our cameras. All it takes is something pressing up against it in a pocket or a bag and of course certain drops.
    04-22-2017 12:10 AM