When will unlocked version come out?

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm also waiting...
Probably next month sometime. I thought it was on Amazon, but the H870 there is the UK so no wireless charging and probably no US warranty. From B&H listing looks like the US997 will be the unlocked version (also for US Cellular) but it does lack a couple of Sprint LTE bands so a little disappointing for anyone who wants to use it on Fi.
I am impatiently waiting and can't help to think about the next Pixel is now less than 6 months away, so if it is much longer (like another month) I may just wait and see.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully it comes out soon! I'm in Canada and I've heard nothing about it so far. I actually really like buying phones unlocked now. I'm not sure if I will go unlocked next time 'round, but whether or not that happens, the G6 is certainly on my radar.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
It did say 11am before but now 12am and I'm still seeing it say preorders, which may simply mean they can't deliver until April 1 or something.

EDIT: Oh it says "available to purchase" on mobile site, but says preorders on desktop site.

Last edited:

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Now I need to stop somewhere this week and see what color I want. I really like the silver back and sides, but not sure if I can live with the silver bezel.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Now I need to stop somewhere this week and see what color I want. I really like the silver back and sides, but not sure if I can live with the silver bezel.

Yup, colour decisions... They are actually super difficult decisions to make. :( Let us know what colour you decide on!

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Black is it. I really liked the silver in photos and video, but that is because they have to angle it to avoid the glare for a good shot. In real use, those silver bezels are insanely reflective. I couldn't possibly deal with the silver bezels.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Black is it. I really liked the silver in photos and video, but that is because they have to angle it to avoid the glare for a good shot. In real use, those silver bezels are insanely reflective. I couldn't possibly deal with the silver bezels.

That's a good point that I never thought of with regards to the silver colour. Plus, black is so sleek.

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? I just got an email like a few days ago from B & H saying the G6 still wasn't available. I went ahead and picked one up from AT&T. It's not nearly as bad as the G3 I got from AT&T but still does have some crap on it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? I just got an email like a few days ago from B & H saying the G6 still wasn't available. I went ahead and picked one up from AT&T. It's not nearly as bad as the G3 I got from AT&T but still does have some crap on it.

Yup, carrier bloatware is annoying!

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
BOOM! $600 on B&H for unlocked. Awesome and ordered. I was debating about waiting for new Pixel, but at that price the decision is easy.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
If it is more than a couple weeks, I will probably cancel and just wait for the next Pixel. I figure I am likely to end up getting the new Pixel XL anyway and the only question is if I keep or sell G6 if I have it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
If it is more than a couple weeks, I will probably cancel and just wait for the next Pixel. I figure I am likely to end up getting the new Pixel XL anyway and the only question is if I keep or sell G6 if I have it.

I read this morning Mid-May is the definite ship date for the unlocked. Even if I get another phone later in the year I am positive I'll be keeping the G6. Its just too nice to get rid of and each time I have Ive come right back to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20