Most Important Aspects of A Phone

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, no. There are features that are important (battery life, UI friendliness, value, etc), but I won't choose a phone solely on one factor.

Awe man, when I'm looking, I go with a checklist...lol... It has to have superb ergonomics, great screen to look at, at a minimum.... Can't really test the battery life until I have the device in hand

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
One that might get overlooked is how it feels to hold. Most people might say that they throw on a giant case or the extended batteries, but the comfortability of a phone leads to texting, phone calls, camera.. If it's a pain to hold than what's the point? I had the Hyperion Extended Battery for the LG V20 and that was actually comfortable with how I held the phone. I would say UI too, though I know you can put a new launcher on it, fresh out of the box is important too. Some are awfully unusable.

Yes, ergonomics is a huge selling point to me... It has to be comfortable to hold which goes along with feeling good in the hand

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You forgot call quality...its a phone after all lol. And thank goodness the call quality is excellent. One of my priorities is the camera and I'm really pleased. Its on par with the v10 I had.

Nobody makes phone calls anymore.... At least not my daughter

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've realised that size is a huge factor for me - anywhere from 5.2"-5.5" is good for me (the G6 is still okay as I can actually hold it in my hands haha - it has a good ratio). In addition to size, battery life is important to me; and since my Honor 8 introduced me to fast charging, I've realized that that's a nice feature. Other things that I really like are a fingerprint scanner and an LED notification light.

Lastly, while this may sound silly, the overall appearance/colour of a phone is important. I'll be looking at this phone for at least a year - I need to like what it looks like!

I think the G6 takes care of most of these, except for the LED. But I've heard that its AOD is really good.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Always on Display is a must for me these days now I've had so many phones with it. Top camera (aim for dual cameras too these days) Good battery, doesn't have to be amazing as I'm nearly always near a charger (G5 was awful). Has to feel good in the hand and have a good to great speaker.
The G6 is the best all rounder I've came across to date. My s8 Plus was good but I felt it lacked in places. I also look for double tap to wake if possible too.

Nokia 9 will also have most of the things that attract me to a phone if the leaks all come true so that's gonna be a testing time for me when it arrives.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Always on Display is a must for me these days now I've had so many phones with it. Top camera (aim for dual cameras too these days) Good battery, doesn't have to be amazing as I'm nearly always near a charger (G5 was awful). Has to feel good in the hand and have a good to great speaker.
The G6 is the best all rounder I've came across to date. My s8 Plus was good but I felt it lacked in places. I also look for double tap to wake if possible too.

Nokia 9 will also have most of the things that attract me to a phone if the leaks all come true so that's gonna be a testing time for me when it arrives.
Once you use double tap to wake you never go back.

For me,
Flat screen
Camera
Feel in hand

I had the iPhone 6 plus for a while and couldn't stand how uncomfortable it was to hold for a long period of time. Too wide and dem bezels!

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The bezels on the Pixel are what's stopping me from seriously considering it as my next device. Makes me wonder if the Pixel 2 will be the same.

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I've realised that size is a huge factor for me - anywhere from 5.2"-5.5" is good for me (the G6 is still okay as I can actually hold it in my hands haha - it has a good ratio). In addition to size, battery life is important to me; and since my Honor 8 introduced me to fast charging, I've realized that that's a nice feature. Other things that I really like are a fingerprint scanner and an LED notification light.

Lastly, while this may sound silly, the overall appearance/colour of a phone is important. I'll be looking at this phone for at least a year - I need to like what it looks like!

I think the G6 takes care of most of these, except for the LED. But I've heard that its AOD is really good.

It is for me as well, main reason I got the LG G4 it fit perfectly in my hand and the curved displayed allowed me to text and type with one hand. AS for looks, that's not as important to me as I slap a case on all my phones. However I do care how my phone looks in a particular case. And lastly, I thought I would hate not having the LED for notifications but the AOD works get for notifications.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's my list:

• good battery life (can get me to the end of a normal weekday with light to moderate use and >= 50% battery charge remaining)
  • display quality and resolution
  • FLAT display panel (I truly hated the curved display on the GS7e, but found the flat one on the GS7 acceptable - this is where the LG G6, in my opinion, knocks it out of the park)
  • signal quality (ability to hold on to a voice call in weak/marginal coverage areas)
  • UI smoothness (no stutters or delays in swiping between screens, opening apps or typing on the keyboard).

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I need something that ticks all the boxes (reasonably fast processor, OIS on camera and good to excellent photo quality, colored notification light, IR blaster). I like LG's UI. After double tap to wake/sleep, it's difficult to go to another skin that doesn't have that. I like LG's Knock code, too.

Things that I don't care much about (FFC, having the absolute fastest processor).

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Signal strength, strong wifi, smooth OS, solid audio level output out of the aux and a good camera. This device checks those boxes without a hitch.

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had a few different phones (iPhone, Note, MotoZ, S7, Nexus 6).

I look for:

Screen size 5.5+
Battery Life for the whole day
Great camera
Hands free wake to Ok Google
SD Card
Good speaker
Fast charge ability
Call quality
Wifi Calling
Android Pay

Not a fan of stock Android experience. The G6 skin is a great balance.

G6 is my first LG phone. And I'm liking it so far.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
1) Camera- As a new father, this has now become my absolute #1 priority.
2) Waterproof- See #1 for my reason this is #2 😁

As much as I would love to say battery, i have yet to find a phone with capacity to last me a day on my usage. All i need is Quick charge to give me one good bump and I'm good. The G6 having wireless charging is just icing on the cake.