Talk me out of the AT&T deal....

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a G5. I LOVED it on marshmallow. Still good on nougat but has quirks here and there I never had on MM. I said I'd never get rid of this phone but the $360 deal looks damn good if I get a Google home too. I'll never leave AT&T as I get an great discount with them through work. I just don't see a huge change over the G5 but why buy a Google home seperate and keep the G5? Damn I just can't decide. I got the itch.... You all know what I'm talking about.

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a G5. I LOVED it on marshmallow. Still good on nougat but has quirks here and there I never had on MM. I said I'd never get rid of this phone but the $360 deal looks damn good if I get a Google home too. I'll never leave AT&T as I get an great discount with them through work. I just don't see a huge change over the G5 but why buy a Google home seperate and keep the G5? Damn I just can't decide. I got the itch.... You all know what I'm talking about.

I heard this phone is way better....in many ways. Especially build quality.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Having owned each variant of the G series I can also confirm this is much higher quality then the G5. I heard someone say the G6 is what the Pixel and iPhones baby would look like and I thinks that's so true.. This phone is awesome! First phone I've had in a while that actually felt like an upgrade.

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Having owned each variant of the G series I can also confirm this is much higher quality then the G5. I heard someone say the G6 is what the Pixel and iPhones baby would look like and I thinks that's so true.. This phone is awesome! First phone I've had in a while that actually felt like an upgrade.

That was me lol

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm in the same boat as you... except I have a Galaxy S7 currently. I usually upgrade to a new phone every 12-18 months (AT&T NEXT Plan) mainly because my phone feels outdated, the camera is bad, or I'm having battery charge issues. But this time I don't see the Galaxy S8 or the LG G6 as being a huge enough improvement for me to upgrade. That's just me and my opinion. And, my S7 is working great for me currently with no lagging, takes great pics, and the battery life is acceptable. But like you, I do have that itch to upgrade.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been fighting this for a few days. I don't normally keep a phone for more than 6 months so that has been holding me up a bit. Knowing that I would only have about $180 paid off in that amount of time. But it may be too good of a deal to pass up.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I've been fighting this for a few days. I don't normally keep a phone for more than 6 months so that has been holding me up a bit. Knowing that I would only have about $180 paid off in that amount of time. But it may be too good of a deal to pass up.

I figure I sell the G5 plus get the Google home for free. It's really a no brainier. Even if the G6 explodes in 6 months I feel like it's a chance worth taking. Worst case I shell out cash for a Nexus or Pixel like I normally would have anyway. It's only money 😂

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Talked me into it! Just paid of my s7 active and picked up the G6. Good to be back!! Loved my G2 (best I've had) jumped to S6 then Note 5 and then the active. Boy I missed double tap 😀

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Talked me into it! Just paid of my s7 active and picked up the G6. Good to be back!! Loved my G2 (best I've had) jumped to S6 then Note 5 and then the active. Boy I missed double tap 😀

Cool. Hope it you like it.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought one for my wife amd myself as well. Had to pay $150 to pay off my Priv, but getting 2 phones for the price of 1 is a win.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if you have to get this deal directly through AT&T or can you order from Best Buy and still get it? For some reason I really prefer dealing with Best Buy.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if you have to get this deal directly through AT&T or can you order from Best Buy and still get it? For some reason I really prefer dealing with Best Buy.

You know what, I've always had good dealings with Best buy too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae