any dreaded boot loop issues with the LG G6?

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
hi

i been thinking about getting the LG G6 but i was wanting too no if any one had any issues with the dreaded boot loop i wounder if that been fix i no the LG G4 and G5 had that issue

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
hi

i been thinking about getting the LG G6 but i was wanting too no if any one had any issues with the dreaded boot loop i wounder if that been fix i no the LG G4 and G5 had that issue

I haven't seen any reports of bootloops on the G6. So far my daughter's G6 is running great.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Too early to ask...come back later lol

Agree, come back in about 6-12 months.

BTW, I have had 1 random reboot with this phone. My V10 never had that nor did it have the bootloop. It's been a couple of weeks since it happened so I'm not worried about as the phone has been performing well.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Agree, come back in about 6-12 months.

BTW, I have had 1 random reboot with this phone. My V10 never had that nor did it have the bootloop. It's been a couple of weeks since it happened so I'm not worried about as the phone has been performing well.

Was it while using Android auto? My G6 and G5 have both rebooted when I've disconnected them from my car using Android auto. Those were the only times though

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Wasnt the V20 bootloop a result of bad USB-C cables that werent authentic? The only confirmed issues were related to the G4 and V10 if I recall correctly. I dont recall widespread bootloops on the G5 or V20.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I haven't read about the USB cables part; I'm just going off the amended filing for the class action lawsuit that specifically alleges the V20 and G5 as of 3/31/2017: https://arstechnica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/lgamended.pdf

Yeah, from what I read they added those models "just in case" and are still investigating the G5 and V20. As of now they havent found there to be a widespread issue with those models. There were a few but the majority were from faulty USB-C cables that werent certified.

Hopefully the issue is resolved and doesnt affect the G6.

Rich Rigney

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Yep,, I just picked up my Warranty Replacement today for my LG G6 which ended up in the dreaded Boot Loop. It was just over a month old, past the "Buyers Remorse" time period of only 2 weeks through T-Mobile. So now I have a Refurbished G6 instead of new one. LG needs to recall the G6 and fix this issue. I am DONE with LG phones now.

Rich Rigney

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Well, here is one.. My G6 purchased on Apr 15, 2017 went into permanent Boot Loop on May 20th after a T-Mobile Android update. Just picked up my Refurbished replacement today. I am DONE with LG phones!

Rich Rigney

May 23, 2017
Visit site
LG G6 Boot Loop issue Does Exist!

My wife and I purchased our Brand New LG G6 phones on Apr 15, 2017 from T-Mobile. On May 19, my wife's device was sent an Android Update through T-Mobile which she was able to perform successfully. On May 20, my device was sent the update and after the update install my phone went into the continuous Boot Loop and wasn't recoverable. I just picked up my Refurbished Replacement from T-Mobile today. LG Still hasn't corrected their issue obviously and now T-Mobile claims this is a "Known issue" as of 3 days ago, (actually it was 4 now).

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, from what I read they added those models "just in case" and are still investigating the G5 and V20. As of now they havent found there to be a widespread issue with those models. There were a few but the majority were from faulty USB-C cables that werent certified.

Hopefully the issue is resolved and doesnt affect the G6.

I looked at the survey they used prior to adding the G5 and V20 and the questions asked for answers that could not have led to any concrete support that either model was subject to bootloops.