Anyone switch from the V20 to the G6?

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and jump every six months or so. Currently I have the V20 and I'm considering the G6. Anyone makes this jump yet? I'm unsure if it's a comparable choice? Thanks everyone!

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and jump every six months or so. Currently I have the V20 and I'm considering the G6. Anyone makes this jump yet? I'm unsure if it's a comparable choice? Thanks everyone!
I did on day one and don't regret it. The screen size is practically the same . The drop off is in the audio quality of the headphones. There's no hi dac in the g6. The camera is better on the G6 and the battery is actually really good

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the screen size is similar. Aren't they the same measurements though? I never really used the quad DAC so I'm good with that. You don't happen to miss your V20 or the second screen?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The AOD doesn't have programmable shortcuts but I don't really use those much either, mostly the flashlight.
Yeah it was cool that you can control things on the phone from the second screen, but I mainly used it for notifications.. Ultimately it's your choice. I think my favorite thing is the visibility in direct sunlight.

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it was cool that you can control things on the phone from the second screen, but I mainly used it for notifications.. Ultimately it's your choice. I think my favorite thing is the visibility in direct sunlight.
It's more visible in direct light outside? Man the V20 is so difficult to see outside.

Big06Daddy

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I switched and I am loving the G6. Was never a big fan of the 2nd screen and I always use Bluetooth headphone so losing the DAC wasn't an issue either. I like the narrower body.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The AOD doesn't have programmable shortcuts but I don't really use those much either, mostly the flashlight.

One of the best second screen features is not getting interrupted during incoming calls if you are using the phone for something unless you want to answer it

Ldshark

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I did and honestly I would say its a draw but I am liking the size and battery life and waterproofing on the G6. But features that still goes to v20 .

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I did and honestly I would say its a draw but I am liking the size and battery life and waterproofing on the G6. But features that still goes to v20 .
Waterproof. This. I didn't have the V20, but this is my first waterproof phone, and being able to work on my swimming pool without any fear whatsoever is exhilarating. Never realize how much I worried about things like that until i now no longer have to worry.

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Waterproof. This. I didn't have the V20, but this is my first waterproof phone, and being able to work on my swimming pool without any fear whatsoever is exhilarating. Never realize how much I worried about things like that until i now no longer have to worry.

I love my G4 and definitely miss the buttons on the back of the phone. I guess I was one of the lucky ones and never experienced the boot loop problem. But I must say once I picked up G6 and actually played with it I knew this phone was for me. And now with summer coming up and my nephews (10 and 8) coming to visit for the summer I can take pictures of all the water activities without worrying about bricking my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888