For those of you who had the S8s and got a G6, why?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Even with heavy use?
My usual work day I get home and have 60 percent left.. When I use it heavy, I get maybe 8-9 hours.. But it's very rare that it lasts that little. I would have to be using the camera A LOT. My normal usage is about 6 hours of SOT and 14 - 15 hours all together.

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have both phones and I really love the LG over the S8+. maybe is the size but I always come back to the LG. compact size and big screen is what makes my G6 special. I got 5-6 hour on both since i'm a heavy user. Netflix almost all night ( since I work at night ) music for about 3-4 hours. the screen size ( again ) is much better to watch netflix on the S8+. I do get a few force close app on my S8+ sometimes but still a great phone. maybe I will tried just the S8 and see if the G6 still my day to day phone.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My usual work day I get home and have 60 percent left.. When I use it heavy, I get maybe 8-9 hours.. But it's very rare that it lasts that little. I would have to be using the camera A LOT. My normal usage is about 6 hours of SOT and 14 - 15 hours all together.
Yes, but you did mention that you don't have the FB or FB messenger apps, which are known battery hogs. For most, those apps are some of the first downloaded and non-negotiable. I just recommend you preface that, as your battery stats will always be better than those who use FB's apps.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm still having a hard time deciding because I love Samsung Pay, the secure folder on the S8+, and the better front facing camera. But I'd love the G6 because I work outside and I feel it would stand up to the harsh environments better than the S8+.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having a hard time deciding because I love Samsung Pay, the secure folder on the S8+, and the better front facing camera. But I'd love the G6 because I work outside and I feel it would stand up to the harsh environments better than the S8+.
A good case solves the worry for the S8.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but you did mention that you don't have the FB or FB messenger apps, which are known battery hogs. For most, those apps are some of the first downloaded and non-negotiable. I just recommend you preface that, as your battery stats will always be better than those who use FB's apps.
I should also say that I never have wifi on, I have GPS on all times as well as Bluetooth, as well as several email accounts syncing and 6 Twitter accounts pushing.. Lol

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I've gone back and forth a few times. Started G6, loved it but got intrigued by the S8+. Got that and returned the G6 and after a week I hated the S8+ mainly because it was very uncomfortable and I couldn't protect the screen at all since there were no good protectors. I returned the S8+ for another G6 because it's so comfortable to hold and use. Battery life is excellent, no lag, has a great camera system and the thing just works.

Then Tuesday happened. I added an employee to our company T-Mobile plan and since his was a new line I grabbed the BOGO deal at T-Mobile and ended up with 2 S8's since that's what he wanted. So now I have both devices and to me the S8 is much more comfortable than the S8+ but still doesn't compare to the G6. I have some crazy new Whitestone tempered screen protector coming tomorrow that according to reviews is the perfect curved protector. Even with that though, the G6 will be my outdoor phone because it's so easy to keep protected and I really like the camera on it much more.

The S8 and S8+ are good phones but LG hit the mark with the design of the G6. Battery for me is almost identical between the G6 and S8 but the S8+ averaged about 1 1/2 hours more SOT than the G6.
I agree 100 percent. Did tbe same thing myself.