I can't remove any of the duplicate apps

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Could you give us more details? What device do you have? Where are you seeing the duplicates, in your app manager, in the app drawer or just the shortcuts in your home screen?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Lydia, thanks for registering. Those icons on your home screen are just shortcuts and not the apps. To remove any duplicate touch & hold the shortcut and slide the icon over Remove at the top of the screen.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You could try clearing cached data in your storage settings, just in case something got 'stuck' in the launcher.

I'll move this thread to the LG K7 forum for more visibility. This way it could be easier getting feedback from other owners.

Lydia Serrano

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello Lydia, thanks for registering. Those icons on your home screen are just shortcuts and not the apps. To remove any duplicate touch & hold the shortcut and slide the icon over Remove at the top of the screen.

You could try clearing cached data in your storage settings, just in case something got 'stuck' in the launcher.

I'll move this thread to the LG K7 forum for more visibility. This way it could be easier getting feedback from other owners.

Ok thanks