How to root a LG Ultimate 2 on TracFone

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
In this guide I will walk you though the steps to root your LG Ultimate 2. The LG Ultimate 2 is the LG L70 re-branded for TracFone, that's why I posted it here.

So you want to root LG Ultimate 2 eh? Rooting is the process of getting administrative rights to the phone so one can do customizations that aren't normally allowed. Rooting can make your phone into a beautiful artwork, the basic root user can still use many useful things such as, Custom boot animations (Get rid of that TracFone one), uninstall system apps that annoy you, and much more. You can also flash custom ROMs. You will need a recovery to do that. And to confirm TowelRoot still does work. I have tested that.

Root:

1. Go to https://towelroot.com/ and tap the big orange thing in the center.
2. Open the downloaded file
3. Install it! It will tell you its bad, don't listen to that.
4. Open the app and tap the "make it ra1n" button to start the root process, It can take around 5 seconds, and now you got root!
5. Then go to the Google Play Store and search for "SuperUser" choose one of the first 3 apps. This step is not shown in the YouTube movie.
6. Your done! Enjoy your rooted Ultimate 2!

Video Guide:

In this Video I show you how to root the LG L41C using a simple rooting app. It takes less than one minute to root the phone. It gives you "SuperUser" access to your phone.

Other stuff:

This section is dedicated to other stuff centered around LG Ultimate 2 hacking. A good boot animation: CleanDroid (its good looking). And you should also install TWRP recovery so you don't mess up your phone. And here is a ROM: http://tracfone-developers.com/lg-ultimate-2/lg-g3-rom-port-for-the-lg-ultimate-2/

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to root the LG Ultimate 2 TracFone

Towel root will only work if the kernel date is earlier than June 3, 2014. If the phone has been updated to a later kernel date, it won't.

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Towel root will only work if the kernel date is earlier than June 3, 2014. If the phone has been updated to a later kernel date, it won't.

The kernel was made before June 3 on the LG Ultimate 2. The phone does not get OTA updates so we are good.

Last edited:

rlg118

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Tried it more than once. Got a parsing error every time: "There is a problem parsing the package." I have allowed non-market apps (unknown sources) to install.

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Tried it more than once. Got a parsing error every time: "There is a problem parsing the package." I have allowed non-market apps (unknown sources) to install.

Reasons that cause that: the app requires a newer version of Android, Towelroot did not download right or Towelroot is corrupted. Try re-downloading Towelroot on a good Wi-Fi network. Just go to a McDonald's or somthing and use their free Wi-Fi. It's really fast. If it still does not work, make sure you have the right phone or look for other root methods. If there are any. I hope this helps you a bit.

rlg118

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I tried it three times - no joy. What to do?

I tried using Kingo Root, which was gathering dust on my laptop. It worked! How about that? KR updated itself to v. 1.2.3.2059, and then it told me to get rid of Superuser Elite and install SuperSU instead.

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

I tried it three times - no joy. What to do?

I tried using Kingo Root, which was gathering dust on my laptop. It worked! How about that? KR updated itself to v. 1.2.3.2059, and then it told me to get rid of Superuser Elite and install SuperSU instead.

This is odd.... You need to install SuperSU after you use TowelRoot. I am really sorry this did not work for you. I will list this method as a alternative root method. I will make a batch file that roots the phone because I think this could be a better way.

selw0nk

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Will I be able to go back to stock and unroot if I wanted to? Also, wouldn't Tracfone find out if we are rooted and terminate our service?

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Will I be able to go back to stock and unroot if I wanted to? Also, wouldn't Tracfone find out if we are rooted and terminate our service?

Yes you can go back to stock be doing a factory reset. TracFone does not care if your rooted or not. Just don't tell them you are.

celem

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Elsewhere, I read several people reporting "Rooted using towel root. Now cannot get updates to work - complains phone was suspected of rooting and Updates were not available for rooted phones"

So, if I root while Android 4.4 will I be unable to receive and install future OS version updates??

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Elsewhere, I read several people reporting "Rooted using towel root. Now cannot get updates to work - complains phone was suspected of rooting and Updates were not available for rooted phones"

So, if I root while Android 4.4 will I be unable to receive and install future OS version updates??

TracFones don't get software updates and that includes the LG Ultimate 2. If there is a update it is through the LG Software Updates center it will be a app update.

But if you own another phone not on TracFone the story will almost always be different. On all the LG Phones I have owned, I have always got OTA updates even if I was rooted.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non