How do I move things to my sd card on my android phone?

A

AC Question

I have an Optimus L90, i got a 32gb sd card because i ran out of storage. Im trying move apps, pictures, music, etc to the sd card. When I move the pictures to the sd card I can no longer see them in the gallery. Is there anyway to fix this so that I can view the pictures from my gallery. Also is there a way to move more apps to the sd card? I have only been able to move a few of them. My phone doesn't allow me to move them to the sd card from what I can tell, but I'd love to know if there's a way to! Thanks so much in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not all devices support moving apps to the SD card. If your phone does support it, that doesn't mean you can move all apps--some apps can't be moved to the SD card anyway. You'd have to root the phone and use an app like App Mgr III or Link2SD.

Where on the SD card are you moving the photos? Make sure the directory doesn't have a file called ".nomedia" in it. Also, which Android version is the phone running? KitKat has some restrictions on SD usage: http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech