Android 5.1.1 MetroPCS

thiscityishell

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile has been updating their LG Leon to 5.1.1 since June 30th; do you think MetroPCS will update theirs as well?

MetroPCS is now run by T-Mobile and there aren't many differences between T-Mobile's version and Metro's. I really hope so. The memory leak in 5.0 has been really annoying me.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile has been updating their LG Leon to 5.1.1 since June 30th; do you think MetroPCS will update theirs as well?

MetroPCS is now run by T-Mobile and there aren't many differences between T-Mobile's version and Metro's. I really hope so. The memory leak in 5.0 has been really annoying me.

I would imagine you should be getting it soon. They are probably working on the same time schedule as the T-Mobile side.

Bichofelix

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
You may update to 5.1.1 via lg's mobile support tool. It will lock your bootloader. You may not flash custom roms or use custom recoveries.
Currently it is possible to update via custom recovery but nobody has put together the necessary files.

You could just get the kdz and decompile it, then take the partitions (System, userdata, laf, boot), zip them, and flash them.

kidzfun

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Have you been able to update the phone? Mine is still stuck on 5.0.2 and it's annoying since I check every 2 weeks for an update and the phone appears that I'm up to date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non