Lucid 2 Stuck In Weird Voice Output Mode

JoshKsky

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I must have pressed a sequence unintentionally, because my Lucid 2 is stuck in some kind of bizarre mode and I can't get it out and it's very difficult to use.

Symptoms:

It announces every little thing I do. If I press the power button once, it tells me time out loud. Then if I wait it says "Screen off." If I rotate the screen it says "Landscape." Also "Device unlock" and "Showing items one to six of eleven."

The touchscreen is very strangely behaved. If I touch an app, it surrounds it with a green square and says the app name. I have to double-click it to open it, and that's not reliable. It won't scroll down, so I can't look at half of the settings.

Also, the drag-down menu doesn't work at all.

How did I get here? How can I return it to normal? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sounds like some Accessibility functions have been turned on. Go to Settings>Accessibility, and either turn off those specific functions, or turn off all of Accessibility.

JoshKsky

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. That's what I thought -- except it won't allow me to scroll down in the settings menu to get to accessibility. In fact, now that I switched it to Beginner mode, I can't even get past the lock screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12