Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JoshKsky
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lucid 2 Stuck In Weird Voice Output Mode

I must have pressed a sequence unintentionally, because my Lucid 2 is stuck in some kind of bizarre mode and I can't get it out and it's very difficult to use.

Symptoms:

It announces every little thing I do. If I press the power button once, it tells me time out loud. Then if I wait it says "Screen off." If I rotate the screen it says "Landscape." Also "Device unlock" and "Showing items one to six of eleven."

The touchscreen is very strangely behaved. If I touch an app, it surrounds it with a green square and says the app name. I have to double-click it to open it, and that's not reliable. It won't scroll down, so I can't look at half of the settings.

Also, the drag-down menu doesn't work at all.

How did I get here? How can I return it to normal? Thanks.

Default Re: Lucid 2 Stuck In Weird Voice Output Mode

Welcome to Android Central! Sounds like some Accessibility functions have been turned on. Go to Settings>Accessibility, and either turn off those specific functions, or turn off all of Accessibility.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. That's what I thought -- except it won't allow me to scroll down in the settings menu to get to accessibility. In fact, now that I switched it to Beginner mode, I can't even get past the lock screen.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OK, I got past the lock screen. Any idea how I can scroll downwards to find accessibility?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I figured it out -- I needed to two-finger swipe to scroll to accessibility. Then I turned off TalkBack. Order is restored.
    B. Diddy likes this.