Notification shows Message but I can't open it

NatalieMeyer14

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
i received a text while trying to delete some and the text was deleted before i was able to view it. for some reason, my phone keeps alerting me i have a text even though there is no way for me to view the message. even when i click on the pop-up, it just takes me to a blank message to no one. ive had the person resend the message and it didn't do anything. im thinking of trying a reset but i dont want to do that if i dont need to.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try clearing the cache for the messaging app. Go to Settings/Apps/All, scroll until you find the messaging app (which is probably called Text Messaging or just Messaging), select it, then tap Clear Cache. You won't lose any important data.

bozec1

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello, i have the same problem on my LG Optimus P700, i tried doing as you said but it did not work, i'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but i could really use some help.

Banshidhara Parida

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
i received a text while trying to delete some and the text was deleted before i was able to view it. for some reason, my phone keeps alerting me i have a text even though there is no way for me to view the message. even when i click on the pop-up, it just takes me to a blank message to no one. ive had the person resend the message and it didn't do anything. im thinking of trying a reset but i dont want to do that if i dont need to.