| || |
Facebook Messenger Issue - LG Lucid
I picked up a prepaid version of the LG Lucid (Verizon calls it the Optimus Exceed) the other day, and while setting up and using the phone has gone to plan, I have had one issue with Facebook (FB) Messenger. It occurs as follows:
- I go to record a voice clip. FB Messenger makes you do this by pressing and holding down a record button until you are finished speaking.
- The app makes it look like the clip was recorded, but nothing is ever sent to the other people in the chat.
- The app will lock up and usually will require a force stop.
- Once all of this has occurred, my microphone will no longer work in both FB Messenger and any other apps that require the mic. These apps (such as Zello, Google voice-to-text, built-in voice recorder, etc.) were able to use the mic and were working perfectly fine before voice clips in FB Messenger were tried.
- The phone must be restarted in order for the mic to work again. Once the phone is restarted, all of the apps requiring a mic work again. However, if FB Messenger voice clip recording is tried again, the same process from above happens.
- The same thing happens when accessing the messages through the regular FB app, and uninstalling and reinstalling both FB and FB Messenger do not solve the problem.
I am thinking that the problem is with the app and not with my phone. Am I right to believe that, or do I need to have my phone looked at?
If it is the app, is there anything I can do with the settings on my phone that may solve the problem?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.