Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wipe Cache Partition

I how how to load the android system recovery and found option for wipe cache partition but I cant select it by tapping the power button. or any other option for that matter. anyone know how to select options once in system recovery??

Default Re: Wipe Cache Partition

Quote Originally Posted by mhall26 View Post
    I how how to load the android system recovery and found option for wipe cache partition but I cant select it by tapping the power button. or any other option for that matter. anyone know how to select options once in system recovery??
    Which recovery are you running?
    and id make sure you have a good download for it (check the MD5)

You should be able to select anything with the power button and the volume keys are navagations
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Android System Recovery 3e? Stock I guess. Running ICS. The volume buttons work for up and down but for some reason the power button doesn't work to select.

Android System Recovery 3e? Stock I guess. Running ICS. The volume buttons work for up and down but for some reason the power button doesn't work to select.
    Oh I see... You arent rooted. And this is the stock recovery
    Can I ask why you want to wipe the Cache? you can do this when the phone is running too
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'm having some battery and performance issues. I want to clear the partition and not just clear each app cache.

I'm having some battery and performance issues. I want to clear the partition and not just clear each app cache.
    Well. Cleaning the cache through the recovery.. or each app at a time is the same thing. I believe you want to wipe dalvik cache which can only be done with a factory reset. or rooting your phone.
    If I was you. I would just factory reset the phone. and make sure you have everything backup in google sync in your settings. (contacts, app data, etc)
    or you can clean your "SD card". Delete old files from apps you no longer use. this can cause problems such as constantly trying to find a server that doesnt have the means to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    Well. Cleaning the cache through the recovery.. or each app at a time is the same thing.
    Sure, but there is MORE in the cache partition to erase than mere app cache!

To abort an OTA one need wipe the cache. Should one NOT want to root the device but use stock recovery it would be nice to know how to EFFECT a selection

any thoughts on the OP question??

ya im having the same problem too cant find anything about it

Sent from my VS840PP using AC Forums mobile app