Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to stop ZV8 to ZV9 update

I have an LG Lucid Verizon Wireless. I am rooted, and from everything I see this stupid update (LG_VS840_ZV8_TO_ZV9) will either fail, or will unroot my phone. I don't want the update, and have tried several things to get it to go away. I am stock + root. I didn't unlock the bootloader. Here is what I have tried.
    1. First of all I don't have an SDM.apk... I have SDMPlugin.apk, and SDMPlugin.odex I renamed both files didn't work. I was unable to locate any SDM.apk files.
    2. I deleted fota cache... The files in it were iph_package.bin and iph_package.bin.dd (I am assuming this is the initial update) this didn't work.
    3. I installed Autostarts and disabled com.andriod.providers.settings After Startup. I thought this worked, because the notification stopped showing up at startup, but this morning it had downloaded the stupid iph_package.bin file again, and greeted me with the stupid update ready to install screen again. I deleted the fota folder again, rebooted, and now the stupid update notification screen is back, even though the autostarts is still blocking the com.andriod.providers.settings.

This is really beginning to **** me off. I have no issues with my phone, and just need the root for Root Call Blocker. I don't want to have to un-root then re-root just for an update I don't want, or need. I just want the update notification to go away... The way I differ it after the only allowed 8 times is by just hitting the home screen button at the bottom... But this is getting old, I have been doing this for about 2 moths now! Someone please help!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How to stop ZV8 to ZV9 update

It looks like FOTAKill.apk fixed it... At least for now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Nope... Update downloaded over night, and was staring me in the face this morning again... I cannot seem to find the app that is doing this? Also I typed the name of the bin file.. it is ipth_Package.bin. So any help would be appreciated.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I guess this update came out 11/25/13. If anybody has been able to install this update when the phone was rooted, and it was successful, please let me know.