Date and Time are Completely Wrong and Won't Reset

Keana Albert

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I just got my LG Optimums Q and the time and date is completely wrong. When I go onto my date and time settings there's no way to manually enter the time or date; the only options are to use 24 hour format and select date format. Whenever I try restarting my phone there is no change accept the time resets to 12AM. The date also continues to say it is January 6th 1980. Please help me fix this? I don't know what to do! :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you don't see "Automatic date & time" or "Automatic time zone" at the top of the screen when you select Settings/Date & Time? Is it there but greyed out for some reason?

Adroitboss

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
LG sucks when it comes to date and time settings, so what you do is you plug your phone into a computer with internet access. Next, turn on the USB storage when that option appears on your phone. Then you will turn on WiFi : in the WiFi and Network settings on your phone. Once your phone is connected to WiFi and is plugged in at the same time, in a few minutes your phone should automatically reset to the correct date and time.
Note: WiFi will not work if the wrong date is set on your phone, it will say "connected", however it will not let you access internet browser or any internet dependent application you may have on your phone.

Adroitboss

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
LG sucks when it comes to date and time settings, so what you do is you plug your phone into a computer with internet access. Next, turn on the USB storage when that option appears on your phone. Then you will turn on WiFi : in the WiFi and Network settings on your phone. Once your phone is connected to WiFi and is plugged in at the same time, in a few minutes your phone should automatically reset to the correct date and time.
Note: WiFi will not work if the wrong date is set on your phone, it will say "connected", however it will not let you access internet browser or any internet dependent application you may have on your phone