Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Plz i need help!!! Flashed wrong OS to LG myTouch Q

OK, I'm Having a little problem. Actually it's a pretty big problem but I refuse to let it get the best of me. I've been on this problem for awhile over a month now.
    Um ok here it goes. I unlocked my phone with a self help video, then I rooted my phone with a self help video. Next, I attempted to install an upgraded operating system for my Lg My touch Q (C800).
    I wanted something better than gingerbread that would better support the apps and programs of todays market. So I followed the self help Video EXCEPT. SMH. When I was choosing the version to flash my phone with I didn't see the exact name of my phone so I selected one similar. The video showed Tmobile Lg My Touch C800, I didn't See that one on the list so I selected the Huawei something or the other. Ok to make an extremely long story short well shorter. I flashed the wrong operating system restarted my phone and now my phone has either no operating system or is seriously stuck in a bootloop. I can't get my computer to see it long enough to do anything. So here I am now asking questions. A LITTLE LATE I KNOW but any help you can offer would be helpful.

Sincerely Smiley LT

Default Re: Plz i need help!!! Flashed wrong OS to LG myTouch Q

That is a problem. I don't have any experience with the LG My touch but you will need to locate instructions on restoring/flashing the device back to stock. Hopefully its not a goner but if its turning on and going into a bootloop that is a better sign than nothing at this point.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Plz i need help!!! Flashed wrong OS to LG myTouch Q

Thank You Paul I appreciate your help. I really didnt know where to turn at this point.