1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default We Have Root

You must have ADB installed and know how to use it.

C:\adb> adb shell
    $ echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
    $ exit

Then run SuperOneClick 2.2 and it should root properly.

Smile Re: We Have Root

Thanks for the information. Do you have links to run the above mentioned software? And detailed instructions? Thanks for your time and for pointing us in the right direction!!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: We Have Root

You can try searching for how to install adb or sdk. Someone will probably find an easier way to compile a root method in time.

Hi, found SuperOneClick 2.2 wich have a folder named ADB, I think I could use instead, btw I downloaded it from shortfuse.org. So far this is what i have got for instructions:

- Download SuperOneClick 2.2 (shortfuse.org/?page_id=2)
    - Download myTouch drivers (lg.com/us/mobile-phones/mobile-support/mobile-lg-mobile-phone-support.jsp)
    - Check that adb recognizes device: "X":\(ADB Folder Here)> adb devices
    - Follow eamondaly's instructions:

"X":\(ADB Folder Here)> adb shell
    $ echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
    $ exit

- Run SuperOneClick v2.2 (Instructions here are a little clouded for me here, not sure what to do other than hit the root button)
    - Wait for phone to reboot (SuperOneClick seems to be paused)(Dont know what he means here)
    - Reset USB debugging (mine was turned off after reboot)(Dont know what he means here)
    - Wait for SuperOneClick to finish.
    - Enjoy rooted phone
    Thanked by:
    ron.p 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

adb and sdk tools are totaly different install. adb is used by super one click. Adb must be installed seperately and command sent thru command prompt. It's not easy for noobs. Sorry. May have to wait for someone to build a superoneclick version for it with command line installed or learn how to install sdk tools and run command.

Quote Originally Posted by dmunsey31 View Post
    adb and sdk tools are totaly different install. adb is used by super one click. Adb must be installed seperately and command sent thru command prompt. It's not easy for noobs. Sorry. May have to wait for someone to build a superoneclick version for it with command line installed or learn how to install sdk tools and run command.
    Once rooted, is there a way to unroot, or is wipe data/factory reset the way to go?

Chalk one up here for another successful root using above directions and superoneclick 2.3.1

Thanks for the write up!

Would love an easy way to root lg e739 I'm new at this but I can do it with proper guidance