ROMs for LG E739 MyTouch

jhickman76

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I know there are others out there that have to and you wouldn't believe it but if you have the a usb and data cable along with the LG software updater Yes you can unbrick your phone! I keep bricking the LGE739, however I think it is because we just have a bad rom...

Squidly21

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for posting this video here!! It worked on my lgE739!! Last time I tried I didn't do a factory reset or take out this sim card and it just stayed on the boot screen. Cyanogenmod look amazing, thanks!

bkxsass

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Leolawliet, I'm so excited about the updated rom you created for the lg e739. The problem I'm having is when i click on the link, I'm told i don't have permission to enter, even when i try to register for the cyanogen forums. Do you have the zio elsewhere so i can download it or how do you know how i can go about getting permissions? Thanks for your help. :)
Sent from my LG-E739 using AC Forums mobile app

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey Leolawliet, I'm so excited about the updated rom you created for the lg e739. The problem I'm having is when i click on the link, I'm told i don't have permission to enter, even when i try to register for the cyanogen forums. Do you have the zio elsewhere so i can download it or how do you know how i can go about getting permissions? Thanks for your help. :)
Sent from my LG-E739 using AC Forums mobile app

I'll get you the link, sorry the thread is a bit cluttered up.

These are my custom roms for LG myTouch 4G:

PenberRom1: https://m.box.com/view_shared/m3pe1erl5ij07zol13p1

PenberRom2: http://d-h.st/4FY

I also made this Aroma Installer package with some useful apps (ICS only for some of the apps)

PenberRom2 addons: http://d-h.st/0QU

Just so you know, PR2 has gapps included, PR1 doesn't.

1362500614007.png

Sent from my LG-E739 running PenberRom2 using Tapatalk 2

bkxsass

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Leolawliet,
Thanks for posting the links to your roms. I got excited when I saw a new rom for this phone. I just installed your most recent one and the add-ons onto my phone. I like and appreciate your hard work of your rom for this model. What custom theme is that in the photo attachments? What program do you use to create these roms?

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
That theme is called alphablue, you can find it in the Play Store but it's not free, but I think you can download it for free on the XDA thread.

I use WinRAR to mod my roms without unsigning the zip file and I use Notepad++ or Wordpad to change the values of certain scripts and files. There are also other tools I used to apply various useful patches such as Ultimate Jar Tool to supercharge the services.jar. and there's tools that will re-odex or deodex roms for you.

The possibilities are endless, it all depends on how much you know about something, don't ever try something you don't understand because it could end up being harmful for your device, unless you take the time to learn about it, nobody wants a bricked phone at the end of the day and believe me I've already fully bricked this device and brought it back to life a few times so technically my phone is a zombie lol

Doing research goes a long way, I can no longer look at myself as a noob anymore after learning everything I know about Android.

bkxsass

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Leolawliet,
I see that your on and I was wondering if you can help me. I saw that the [Rom][4.1.2] Pacman Rom Jb/ Aokp+Cm10+Paranoid was out there so I decided to give that rom a test drive. I downloaded and saved the rom, the radio_v10a, radio_v10b, and the radio_v10j and transferred onto my sdcard. Then I placed the sdcard into my phone and hard booted my phone using clockworkmod recovery. I installed the rom zip, then the radio_v10a, then the ggapps in that order after i did the normal steps in installing a rom. After I rebooted, I'm stuck in a nasty bootloop. I can fix this using the .kdz file and s/w update(i've done this before and returned my phone to stock) My question is did i miss a step? Was I supposed to install a kernel? I've never installed a kernel before. Do I install the kernel before or after the rom? Thanks for your help

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Those radios are only for Optimus Sol (E730)

Flashing those baseband radios on myTouch 4G will cause a brick. Trust me, I've been there done that already, it happened when I tried flashing HarshGinger without removing the baseband. You only need to download and flash the E739 version, it comes with the kernel already. Afterwards you can proceed to flash gapps.

So basically you only need to flash the rom and the gapps package for E739

gideonlfc

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Those radios are only for Optimus Sol (E730)

Flashing those baseband radios on myTouch 4G will cause a brick. Trust me, I've been there done that already, it happened when I tried flashing HarshGinger without removing the baseband. You only need to download and flash the E739 version, it comes with the kernel already. Afterwards you can proceed to flash gapps.

So basically you only need to flash the rom and the gapps package for E739

i flashed mine with the radio and its bricked. how did u solve yours?
pleeeeeeease help me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12