ROMs for LG E739 MyTouch

shepfromva

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have just summoned up the nuts to root my TMobile MyTouch 4g, LG E-739 and now would like to get a new ROM. I'm new to this and with all the talk of bricking phones I don't want to screw up. I don't see a specific rom for my phone. Do I need to wait or can I get the latest rom for a TMobile LG? Just on a side note, I started all of this for the free tethering. When I root my phone and installed a tethering app it is free to tether correct? Thanks ahead of time for your input. God Bless, Shep :confused:

accordv618

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

just got a LG MyTouch recently. Got it rooted and was thinking about removing bloatware but ended up just freezing them with Titanium Backup Pro. Looked around XDA but found no one place for the phone. Hopefully development on the device picks up. Would really like put some custom kernels or ICS roms on it.

on a side note, LG officially stated that they will have ICS for the LG MyTouch Q in the second quater of 2012. Why not this one?? they are almost identical!!

Reactions: shepfromva

bmg1001

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Before we can get roms on our phones, we'll need to install Clockwork Mod Recovery, but no one has made it compatible yet.

LG also stated the Optimus Sol was getting the update. The Optimus Sol is the Verizon Equivalent of the TMO LG MyTouch. Neither the Sol or the MyTouch have Clockwork Mod so roms are out of the question now. But our phones were released earlier this year, so we should see devs starting to help us out sometime in 2012. After all, since our phones can be rooted, it'd be like developing for any other phone.

We just have to be patient and have high hopes :D

bmg1001

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My Mistake, I meant to say the Optimus Sol was the Vodafone equivalent, not the Verizon equivalent. The Sol's Hardware is the same as the MyTouch's hardware, except it's made for Vodafone and it has a slightly different UI.

ron.p

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
If an owner of this phone has rooted it and locked/frozen all the bloatware and other garbage apps, what's the advantage of doing this?

supersizemii

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I'm a noob :-[, how do you flash it, and how do you even get the download files onto your phone :confused:? Is there a video or something.. thanks! Also I just joined :-X

supersizemii

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I just flashed a kernel and bricked my phone. I'm panicking and I don't know what to do :'(. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do? Any help is appreciated thanks!