Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question ROMs for LG E739 MyTouch

I have just summoned up the nuts to root my TMobile MyTouch 4g, LG E-739 and now would like to get a new ROM. I'm new to this and with all the talk of bricking phones I don't want to screw up. I don't see a specific rom for my phone. Do I need to wait or can I get the latest rom for a TMobile LG? Just on a side note, I started all of this for the free tethering. When I root my phone and installed a tethering app it is free to tether correct? Thanks ahead of time for your input. God Bless, Shep

Default Re: ROMs for LG E739 MyTouch

Just found this forum. Im trying to get a forum section going on over at XDA

Got my my touch Q rooted, bloat removed, setcpu running.

I think the ROM is actually pretty nice I think we just need an over clock kernel to push up the CPU speed a little and I think we will have some pretty quick little devices.
    Thanked by:
    shepfromva likes this.

Hey guys,

just got a LG MyTouch recently. Got it rooted and was thinking about removing bloatware but ended up just freezing them with Titanium Backup Pro. Looked around XDA but found no one place for the phone. Hopefully development on the device picks up. Would really like put some custom kernels or ICS roms on it.

on a side note, LG officially stated that they will have ICS for the LG MyTouch Q in the second quater of 2012. Why not this one?? they are almost identical!!
    Thanked by:
    shepfromva likes this.

Before we can get roms on our phones, we'll need to install Clockwork Mod Recovery, but no one has made it compatible yet.

LG also stated the Optimus Sol was getting the update. The Optimus Sol is the Verizon Equivalent of the TMO LG MyTouch. Neither the Sol or the MyTouch have Clockwork Mod so roms are out of the question now. But our phones were released earlier this year, so we should see devs starting to help us out sometime in 2012. After all, since our phones can be rooted, it'd be like developing for any other phone.

We just have to be patient and have high hopes
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CyanogenMod 10 (Yes, 10, 4.2.2 is tooo laggy)
    Franco.Kernel r300 348GPU
    Thanked by:
    shepfromva likes this.

My Mistake, I meant to say the Optimus Sol was the Vodafone equivalent, not the Verizon equivalent. The Sol's Hardware is the same as the MyTouch's hardware, except it's made for Vodafone and it has a slightly different UI.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CyanogenMod 10 (Yes, 10, 4.2.2 is tooo laggy)
    Franco.Kernel r300 348GPU
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

looks like there is a clockwork mod recovery for this phone. Now hopefully we get some roms.

just use rom manager to flash clockwork recovery .it worked on my lg mytouch 4g

Any one have any suggestions on how to remove bloatware from the LG Mytouch?

God so muchbloatware... I need it rooted and ice rom

Ok well we now have a working CM7 rom for the lg my touch e739
    here is a link to the rom and one for the kernal the rom is from the sol the kernal is patched to work for us

Ok so download this flash it then flash this kernal and bam you got cm7
    Thanked by 2:
    kdog1202 likes this.

thanx mann! Does it run good? Any bugs we should be aware of....

Ok I went to the cyanogen website but only the E730 Is there not the E739...

If an owner of this phone has rooted it and locked/frozen all the bloatware and other garbage apps, what's the advantage of doing this?

my phone is in Boot loop how can I fix it?

Sorry I'm a noob , how do you flash it, and how do you even get the download files onto your phone ? Is there a video or something.. thanks! Also I just joined

the e730 is almost the same phone the rom should be almost capabitible meaning it will run but not perfect...

speed

Is there a way to unbrick your phone if you do?

Can I just flash that Kernel without flashing Cya rom?

Hey guys I just flashed a kernel and bricked my phone. I'm panicking and I don't know what to do . Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do? Any help is appreciated thanks!

hi... I also bricked my phone. I called LG yesterday. so I'd like to help u. hold volume down and power....for three seconds..(soon as u count three) ....then press the menu &back hard buttons.... (once u see the lg screen release the power button) (keep holding the other three buttons) count to ten let got (or let go when the LG logo flashes again. this will boot you into recovery.

Google LG mytouch rooted Rome if you are rooted..
    hope all goes well... let me know if of works and if there's anything else I'd like to know. about the LG mytouch

phone: LG mytouch (white -rooted)
    running. cm7

Hey yeah it worked thanks! By the way do you know what wrong my cm7 camera? Its like sideways :/

Quote Originally Posted by supersizemii View Post
    Hey yeah it worked thanks! By the way do you know what wrong my cm7 camera? Its like sideways :/
    There is a nightly build out for the e739. Here is the link

Here is a link to an updated kernel for the e739

All this can be found on xda so yo can verify. here are the two threads.

Hope this helps.

We are now supported by cyan group... we have 6 different nightly builds so far.

Exclamation Re: ROMs for LG E739 MyTouch

OK so i"m jumping on this bandwagon because somehow i messed things up. Rooted my LG- MT phone using Unlock Root. Got Rom Manager and flashed Clockwork Mod. All good there. Did a full backup of my phone's system before I did anything else using CM. Went to flash a ROM which failed and didn't complete, so the phone rebooted and allowed me to send an error report. No big there. No changes were made..phone was fine. Went to flash another ROM that was in their ROMs list but it didn't work properly, like it wouldn't let me open Google search. I know, simply stupid, but i didn't want anything malfunctioning at all. So I went to recover my factory ROM that I backed up fully, and the process appeared to be going very well. Phone rebooted after it was done. But instead of doing a normal reboot, it went back to the CM recovery manager. I tried restoring the factory ROM again, with the same results. Did i just brick my phone or what? And how can I fix this cause I need my phone. I've already tried the hard rest with the key presses to no avail.

And now it only boots to the LG logo......
    Last edited by whitetiger_0603; 03-01-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: addition:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast