My 1 complaint - no 4g toggle

gammaRascal

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess it was replaced with the Genius button in the notifications bar. So far the only way to toggle it is to go into settings which is annoying. I rather prefer to have a toggle so I can keep it off when I'm not connected to WiFi and turn it on when I want to be connected.

Are there any workable solutions for a mobile data toggle? Or maybe someone is working on a hack to cull that Genius button from the notbar and replace it with a data toggle?

ron.p

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've seen 4g toggles with widgets on the market and I've seen a 4g toggle with bettercut, but nothing to mod the buttons under the notification bar area.

gammaRascal

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Currently I'm using the Curvefish 2g/3g toggle but it's just a shortcut that takes you to the data settings in order to enable/disable it. It's a little faster to deal with than going in the regular way so it'll work.

It's too bad they swapped out the data toggle for the genius button - kind of a loopy move if you ask me.

Ya, I figured a notifications bar hack was a touch too impossible to do [though I'm sure a ROM could do it] but I thought I'd ask anyways. Thanks for chiming in.

ron.p

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Beautiful Widgets? It has a widget toggle, although I don't know if it's direct access or if it just goes to your settings like you already have.

gammaRascal

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've tried BW on my tab but found it didn't really give me anything I didn't already have access too and I don't think it has a 4g toggle anyways. Maybe a sync toggle but that's about it. I like to keep widgets to a minimum on the homescreens and WiFi and BT are already in the notifications bar. The only ones I use on my phone are the CurveFish's Brightness, rotation lock and 2g/3g toggle and Minimalist Text.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca