rooted can I still install update to 2.3.6 on e 739

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Play it safe and don't update unless you have the stock recovery installed and unrooted your device. But that's if you want the update, otherwise you could be running CM7 or CM9 nightly builds which are on CyanogenMod's site. I'm using CM9 and everything's working awesomely.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: wuhtheantidote

karma62

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I then go to apply sdcard:update.zip and given the error:
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

please help me

karma62

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I then go to apply sdcard:update.zip and given the error:
--Install from sdcard...
error
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted
please help me

gammaRascal

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting if anyone has tried manually updating a rooted phone.

I wouldnt mind updating but I'm rooted and dont want to brick it.

EDIT***

Meh - I installed SuperOneClick v2.3.3.0 and unrooted. Then ran the LG Updater app which updated the phone - Then ran SOC and rooted. All set.

Last edited:

chaoscow

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
just jacked my phone up by updating, I rooted it a while back but only advatage i took was a tethering app which was the only reason i rooted in the first place. I put clockword recov and have a backup. I updated this morning then set my phone down while it updated, came back it was off. Turned it on and went into clockword mod recovery, I've rebooted many times, then tried restore multiple times, it goes through the motions then goes to recovery again. Then i tried factory reset, then restore again, and so far no change that i can see. CW mod 5.0.2.7

May 8, 2012
Visit site
just jacked my phone up by updating, I rooted it a while back but only advatage i took was a tethering app which was the only reason i rooted in the first place. I put clockword recov and have a backup. I updated this morning then set my phone down while it updated, came back it was off. Turned it on and went into clockword mod recovery, I've rebooted many times, then tried restore multiple times, it goes through the motions then goes to recovery again. Then i tried factory reset, then restore again, and so far no change that i can see. CW mod 5.0.2.7

Someone else may have other ideas for you but if I was in your situation, I would try to flash a new ROM. cm7 is just like the stock ROM but with a bunch of cool options.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

chaoscow

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Someone else may have other ideas for you but if I was in your situation, I would try to flash a new ROM. cm7 is just like the stock ROM but with a bunch of cool options.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Ok so, I wiped data/cache/dalvic cache or whatever it is and downloaded cm9 dropped the zip to sd and flashed it. I reboot phone still just goes into clockwordkmod recovery. any ideas?

chaoscow

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks dj I'll give that a shot this afternoon when i get home, appreciate the help! Will let you guys know if it works or not. Feel free to leave anymore ideas. I'm certain it isnt bricked as it lets me load cwm and install zip files etc but just the booting aint working : /

chaoscow

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ya so, the first part of that post has 3 files for me to dl and the link is broke : / so no go on that one. But i dont think i've been wipng the system previously so i'm attempting it right now.

CWM actually wipes everything on the system restore i'm attempting first after i wiped everything i could but the sd card. so i'm thinking this is probably fail.

I will see if i cant find the files that are missing on that link some otherway

Yes that did not work : / still just botting CWM

Last edited: