Should I get the Galaxy Note 2, or wait for the LG Nexus?

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Compare and contrast the two, then state which one you would prefer, and why.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Should I get the Galaxy S III, or wait for the LG Nexus?

Compare and contrast the two, then state which one you would prefer, and why.

Hard to say without knowing which networks these will be on and what the price will be.

But if the 4 has HSPA+ for under $550 then I'll be dropping my S3 for the Nexus without even thinking twice.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Hard to say without knowing which networks these will be on and what the price will be.

But if the 4 has HSPA+ for under $550 then I'll be dropping my S3 for the Nexus without even thinking twice.

I have T-Mobile, but I'm assuming that the unlocked Nexus will have the same bands as the current Nexus.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I have T-Mobile, but I'm assuming that the unlocked Nexus will have the same bands as the current Nexus.

I'm assuming the same, but you never know till its completely official.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I am in the same boat. I can only hope the LG Nexus has LTE bands to make my decision a bit harder since I am with Verizon

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

I mean its really hard to say at this point, since LG Nexus is still not out there yet. But if you want a super huge screen, then the Note 2 will be the way to go.

Personally i'm more of a fan of the Nexus line. Not such a fan of huge phones. I have a Note 2 that I'm trying out now, and i still find it too big. I found the original Note to be huge. Whereas my friend found it to be perfect, and swears by that huge screen. In the end, its really up to you. At this point why not just wait a couple of days? :D

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
For me it basically comes down to two phones this Christmas. Do I get the Nexus and run it on Straight Talk like I have been my International HOX, or go back to carrier hell with the HTC DLX... I don't know, but I do know what I don't want. Anything made by Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

acey_zero

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I am leaning towards the Note 2 personally. I have always wanted a Nexus, but the sealed battery and lack of SD slot (especially with such low internal memory) may be deal breakers for me. I'm not sure about touchwiz, but I will probably just use Cyanogenmod eventually on either phone anyway. The specs on the Note 2 look amazing, and the precision of stylus input is also pretty handy for more than just writing and drawing.

I really don't want a screen so big as the Note 2 has, but I'm sure it will make it very nice to use. Really my main complaint against a big screen would be not being able to use it with one hand, which is pretty important to me, but I think a flygrip or "thing sling" would make this a non-issue.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I work for US Cellular and I've been playing with the Note 2 for the past two days. Until I spent time with it I hadn't come across a phone I'd drop my HSPA+ Gnex in a heartbeat for. That's how much I'm in love with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna wait to see if the Nexus 4 is worth trading my GNex for. The note 2 looks awesome though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Joecascio2000

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Thinking the same. If I get the Note 2 I will definitely put CM10 on it. But that also eliminates several Touchwiz S-Pen features. Will the S-pen even work with CM10 on the Note 2?

acey_zero

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Android does have native support for stylus input since ICS, and I have heard that the stylus on the Note 1 works just fine in CM, so I am guessing that the devs could get it working on the Note 2 as well, but there is no way to know for sure...

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I am leaning towards the Note 2 personally. I have always wanted a Nexus, but the sealed battery and lack of SD slot (especially with such low internal memory) may be deal breakers for me. I'm not sure about touchwiz, but I will probably just use Cyanogenmod eventually on either phone anyway. The specs on the Note 2 look amazing, and the precision of stylus input is also pretty handy for more than just writing and drawing.

I really don't want a screen so big as the Note 2 has, but I'm sure it will make it very nice to use. Really my main complaint against a big screen would be not being able to use it with one hand, which is pretty important to me, but I think a flygrip or "thing sling" would make this a non-issue.

The Galaxy Nexus doesn't have a sealed battery.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus doesn't have a sealed battery.

Im sure he is talking about the lg nexus like the title says .The lg nexus is rumored to have a sealed battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

nitemancometh

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Big phone, smaller phone. Purest Android experience, TouchWiz. I mean, it feels like comparing Apples to oranges since both of them are tailored to an individual's needs.

The way I see it, if you haven't bought a Nexus 7 yet, have big pockets and/or a purse & wish for a better multimedia (e-reading/watching videos) I'd point you to the Galaxy Note II. If you want a phone that's up to date hardware and software wise, the LG Nexus is a no-brainer. Judging by the leaked photos, it doesn't look that all half-bad.

I can't judge something till it's tangible so this comparison may be very well obsolete.

jcsugrue

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I would wait to see how the reviews of the LG Nexus are. Personally, I've sworn to buy nothing but Nexus devices after going through bootloader hell on VZW. On the other hand, my GSM Galaxy Nexus is hands down the greatest phone I've ever owned, and I feel like Samsung is making great strides to provide amazing phones. I don't think it's a decision that anybody can really make for you, but I would recommend at least being able to hold them both in your hand and see which fits you best.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Im sure he is talking about the lg nexus like the title says .The lg nexus is rumored to have a sealed battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

That would suck. If they put an SD card slot on the LG Nexus, that would probably sway me toward it. I have less than 5 GB free on my Galaxy Nexus right now!

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Am I going crazy or did this originally say the S3 or the N4?

Anyway, I love the features of the note 2....the S pen looks pretty awesome and that multi screen app thing probably won't get ported to stock anytime unless Google implements it. Or maybe there is an app that does it idk. But either way, if you can live with a phone the size of your shoes and don't mind the updates or like to root and rom then its not really that big of a deal getting the note.

But I agree, these are 2 far different phones and I think you need to make the decision yourself.

It's a bit like asking if you should buy shorts or pants.....both are properly specced hardware wise but clearly cater to a diff crowd.

When I saw the droid life podcast last night and saw him hold that sucker to his hear, I was officially not interested in the note 2. That would just look silly imo. I'm sure its going to be a big seller with circus clowns though. :)

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually planning to pick up a Note 2 tonight (I'm on Sprint), but I'm gonna play with it in the store first just to get a feel for the size. I really like a lot of the features, and it would probably be the first Android phone I've ever owned that I kept stock (except for rooting, of course). I don't really like the way touchwiz looks, but I haven't used a "stock" launcher in years, so that's really a non-issue.

Everything else about the Note 2 looks phenomenal. One thing for me specifically is that Samsung is making accessories for all their devices. I'm so spoiled on having the car and desktop docks, and I really don't see 3rd party manufacturers getting behind an LG device right now. Maybe if they can prove themselves in the market, maybe then... But that's a lot of if's. Or maybe's. Whatever :)

I'm not going to lie, though: I'm a little worried about how silly it's going to look to hold that thing to the side of my face :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21