How to master reset the LG optimus Black with the Hardware keys

al.csar

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to master reset the LG optimus Black with the Hardware ke

As far as I know there's a way on every android to do a master reset with the hardware keys in case you block yourself out.

I found this steps but they DON'T work for me:

Reset using hardware key

1. Turn off the phone by pulling out the battery and put it back in.

2. Press and hold the Down Volume button.

3. Then press and hold on the Power button until you see the device switch on.

4. An on-screen instruction shall appears, and offer you the options to Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock. Use the Down Volume key and select Clear Storage.

5. Next press the let go of the Power button.

6. Confirm your choice by select Yes or No. Using the Volume key to make your selection.

Your LG Optimus Black should now begin to reset itself back to default manufacturer settings

LG says the only way is doing a "Software updation", any Ideas? I just can't believe there's no way to do it, what if I want to clear the system cache with the boot menu. :'(

al.csar

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Finally after emails and emails sent to LG tech support. (No accurate answers by the way).
I found out there's no way to do a master reset with the hardware keys, they only way to restore the system if you locked the phone will be the lg support tool (which doesnt work properly). and you cannot clear the system cache...
Unbelievable, what's going on with lg?

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

Finally after emails and emails sent to LG tech support. (No accurate answers by the way).
I found out there's no way to do a master reset with the hardware keys, they only way to restore the system if you locked the phone will be the lg support tool (which doesnt work properly). and you cannot clear the system cache...
Unbelievable, what's going on with lg?

Sorry to hear that, al.csar. :( I agree that it doesn't make sense that LG hasn't provided a hardware workaround for their Optimus Black phone.

Also unfortunate that LG tech support is so clueless! This site shows that you are certainly not the only one that found LG tech support very lacking indeed: LG customer service complaints, reviews, ratings and comments (Maybe LG modeled their department after VM's tech support, which is also quite useless according to everything I have read about it. :p )

Holly

a_droid

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

there is no key combination to reset the Black
but there are some mods which make you able to reset this Black or get into recovery (red:CWM) which known as eRecovery

do some research

regards

lesp4ul

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
there is no key combination to reset the Black
but there are some mods which make you able to reset this Black or get into recovery (red:CWM) which known as eRecovery

do some research

regards

Remove battery, press VolDown+Power then plugged usb port did worked for me but it doesn't have any menu, just 'sw update' screen. So i must use KDZ tools to flash it.

Now I'm using CWM 5 with eRecovery patch it worked flawlessly.

Sent from my Optimus Black using Tapatalk

Huexxx

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

It's a shame but there's no key combo.

With CM7 you can try my eRecovery (look at xda) but it doesn't manage to recover all the possible situations, like kernel-related issues.

Regards.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I had an experience yesterday with this problem with Optimus Black...The problem with the posted solution here our phone does not have a Home button so this solution not fit with ours, however upon experimenting things I do discover that in replacement for home button we can use the button at the left side of phone (Gesture Button) here how it will go.

-Turn off your phone.
-Hold Volume down together with G button.
-press the power button while still holding the Volume down and G button until it powers on.

there you card reset your optimus black with key combo :)

I hope this could help to others.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Dude try to turn off your phone then hold together the volume down and the g button (Gesture button) then power it on while holding still the volume down and G button until it turns on

daniel azem

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Do EXACTLY the following:
_download and install LGmobile support tool from the lg website
_Execute LGmobile support tool and click on "install usb drivers" and follow onscreen instructions.
_then go to the "customer support" tab and select "recovery phone"
_once you have gone through the installation process, turn your phone off.
_Press simultaneously Volume Down + "G" Button, while holding them down press and hold Power button. When the lg logo appears, release the Power button but maintain the Volume Down + "G" Button untill you see a green android briefly appear.
Your LG p970 is now reset.

Inzy Jewel

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Guys i" didnt got dat green screen plzz plzzzz help regarding opening of my black lg optimus p970....screen has been locked nd it is showing too many pattern attempts plz guys help for to unlock screen plzzzzz....
:':)':)'(

Nikola Ristic1

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I had ICS first version that was available for p970. 3 days ago it found a new one(it was v30b and found v30c) i clicked to upgrade to new version, on my PC was nothing, on phone screen said "s/w upgrade, please wait while upgrading..." and i left if upgrading but lasted 14 hours... i had no patience and disconected it and took out battery. I reconnected it with pc again and used LG mobile support tool to start Upgrade recovery, it has 4 steps, first done, second step downloaded 320mb upgrade material, 3rd step upgrading S/W stopped at 4%, i thought its suposed to be like that and left it like that, after 13 hours i came back and it still was 4%, i repeated the process few times but with same result. Any help?

Lajjane

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Paul Anthony Villaruz
This is great, after trawling internet for several hours this is the first time the G button was mentioned, others say hold down different combinations of buttons and it seems that different things work for different people. I am so pleased this worked for me. I did have to do it a few times.

J :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech