LG Optimus Black Update to ICS 4.0

al.csar

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Announcing the initial plan for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade
by LG Mobile on Monday, November 28, 2011 at 3:00am
LG confirms today that the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS will be initially available for the following high-end LG smartphones which were introduced this year: the Optimus 2X, the Optimus Black, the Optimus 3D and the Optimus LTE. We are also continuing to evaluate the ICS OS to determine whether it is compatible with the functionality, features and performance of other LG smartphones to make the ICS OS available on as many LG smartphones as possible.
In December this year, the forthcoming upgrade schedule and additional specific models for the ICS OS upgrade will be posted on our LG Mobile Global Facebook page (LG Mobile | Facebook) and on our local LG websites. Please stay tuned for more updates from LG.

Announcing the initial plan for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade | Facebook

Reactions: darktoy

Rand_i

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
still haven't upgraded from frogo and it's been a few years since the upgrade for ICS was released. Asked if my provider was able to do the upgrade for me, but was told I'd have to send it in to LG for them to update it instead.

mkhilario

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sv: LG Optimus Black Update to ICS 4.0

My Optimus Black (NOT rooted) is successfully running ICS right now and it's very nice. Used LG PC updater program. Previously used same program to update to Gingerbread from original Froyo.

Last edited:

marcmanila

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Small world, I'm in the Philippines also. After the update did you notice the internal SD storage was gone? I've googled like crazy and can't find any info about this problem that's not associated w/ a custom rom. I'm on just the regular LG updated ICS. Anyone got any suggestions? It's only like 5GIGs gone, but still would like to have access to that storate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995