1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Downgrade back to Android OS 2.2?

Is it possible?

I'm quite desperate, I updated to Android 4.0.4 and now I can consider my phone dead. The battery gets eaten in 4 hours! I expected a change but to go from 2 days of batter to 4 hours while not even using it is extreme! I hate myself for upgrading it and wish I could go back to the older version. Is there any way I can do that?

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Default Re: Downgrade back to Android OS 2.2?

I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) you can downgrade if you can find the file online to do so. You would need to flash the 2.2 update file to your phone manually.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Try another software update. My current software version is P97030C. My battery life is same as it was with gingerbread.

Posted via Android Central App
    Nexus 5 32GB (unrooted)
    Nexus 7 32GB wifi 2012 (unrooted)
    Chromecast
    LG P970 Optimus Black (ICS, unrooted)

I updated a week ago to 907g30f 4.0.4 and while I like a few of the new features, it sucks hard. I can't shut off background data anymore so battery drains, and I keep getting annoying update notices. I have unlimited pic & text, doesn't recieve pics anymore. When I use my longer cord to charge it says "low usb/power" and slow charges (the cord that came with ph. I have a shorter one that charges normally). So uses way more battery & takes forever to charge. Brilliant!! I have emailed LG and asked them why we aren't given a choice to revert/pick the vers. we want. I don't know if it's the phone or recent windows 8 updates but comp. doesn't recognise phone anymore. Windows 7 doesn't see phone either, so good luck updating or rooting for me. 4.0.4 is terrible I want 2.3.4 back!

Quote Originally Posted by davejack View Post
    I updated a week ago to 907g30f 4.0.4 and while I like a few of the new features, it sucks hard. I can't shut off background data anymore so battery drains, and I keep getting annoying update notices. I have unlimited pic & text, doesn't recieve pics anymore. When I use my longer cord to charge it says "low usb/power" and slow charges (the cord that came with ph. I have a shorter one that charges normally). So uses way more battery & takes forever to charge. Brilliant!! I have emailed LG and asked them why we aren't given a choice to revert/pick the vers. we want. I don't know if it's the phone or recent windows 8 updates but comp. doesn't recognise phone anymore. Windows 7 doesn't see phone either, so good luck updating or rooting for me. 4.0.4 is terrible I want 2.3.4 back!
    I'm the same with my HTC EVO 3D. My phone now often uses more power than the charger is able to provide. Yes I get notifications telling me this. Apps that worked so well on gb now have issues with ics.
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)