Screen won't unlock!!!

Mandi Mathis

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I cannot get my screen to unlock or answer calls...I have tried restarting and taking the battery out for a little bit, but I can't get anything I try to work...PLEASE help me! I have to have my phone for work and I am missing important calls and texts :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you seeing the unlock screen? Is it registering any touches at all? Are you able to make the slider move, or are you able to input your PIN, but it just won't open? Have you forgotten your PIN or password?

Mandi Mathis

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I can get it to pull up the unlock screen and a few times have unlocked it, but then, in less than a minute, it no longer reacts to touch...I don't have a pin or password, just swipe to unlock

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So the touchscreen seems to work initially, then it stops? Are you noticing any odd battery behavior as well? If so, I'd consider trying a new one, if possible (not sure if the Optimus Black has a removable battery).

You may have to try a full factory reset, but that will wipe your phone, so hopefully you have your data synced or backed up somewhere.

Mandi Mathis

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
the touchscreen will randomly work initially...the battery doesn't seem to be any different than it has been...my phone worked all day like it usually does until out of the blue I was trying to return a text and nothing...the phone randomly restarts itself...not sure how relevant that is, but it started several months ago...how do I do a factory reset? Will that affect things on my SD card? At this point that is almost irrelevant...I just want my phone back :(

anon(10194918)

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I have a passcode and am definitely inputting it correctly. My phone will not unlock. When I turn on the screen it says, "Phone locked." and asks me to follow a link to a url on anotepad.com. Is this official? A virus? Has someone hacked my phone? What's going on?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze