do they work ....?

do they interfear with built in sop function of android os 2.3.7

direction on best product if at all ?

direction an insight on best security an anti virus free software

regards an thanks

ROM
    Un-rooted stock ROM

Default Re: Insight Direction Thoughts on Use of RAM boosting Apps

I do not know about the RAM boosting apps., but I have been happy with Lookout as security app.
    Right rode away long ago... Before rescuing wrong from below.

This phone is crap. Take it back if possible. SERIOUSLY
    Thanked by:
    curtis1973 likes this.

ROM
    cm7

Quote Originally Posted by aaronrw View Post
    This phone is crap. Take it back if possible. SERIOUSLY
    What reasons do you have for saying this? What kind of problems have you had? Just curious.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk

Google music came installed.constantly having sync issues with it. Also the sensor for your face to tell the phone to wake the screen...worthless. Data speed of 100bites or less with full bars shown. Overheating while talking...etc.

Also my GPS died and it took several factory resets to get it back

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    curtis1973 likes this.

ROM
    cm7

Google music came installed.constantly having sync issues with it. Also the sensor for your face to tell the phone to wake the screen...worthless. Data speed of 100bites or less with full bars shown. Overheating while talking...etc.

Also my GPS died and it took several factory resets to get it back

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
    could all that be from a lemon? My phone has been great, although my screen is slow to wake after call but over all its been a good phone so far for me. Especially considering the cost for a entry level Android. I can see why you are so unhappy, if I had all those problems I would be too.

Quote Originally Posted by dobbs69 View Post
    could all that be from a lemon? My phone has been great, although my screen is slow to wake after call but over all its been a good phone so far for me. Especially considering the cost for a entry level Android. I can see why you are so unhappy, if I had all those problems I would be too.

I tried returning or swappin it out at Best Buy mobile, but was told w/out the box it was a no go. Even with store bought insurance! Geez. Maybe it's just a lemon...

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

From what I've heard the phone is generally stable. I agree with the above, while this phone was intended as a replacement to the optimus s and v(I think) it still carries dated hardware and I wouldn't even really consider it an entry level phone.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Sound like you got a lemon....mine halls ***....like real fast...and no probs with anything...if you have insurance...take a hammer to the screen, get a new one. As for apps to boost speed...I found one that called speed boost...kinda lame but out shuts down any apps not needed...actually helps..free at google play. So don't come here saying the elite sucks,,...correction....YOURS sucks, because mine kicks ***

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums
    fastobe likes this.

If you believe you have a lemon, call VM, describe your difficulties. Be very polite and ask for a replacement. If the phone is currently activated and still under the one year manufacturer's warranty, they will replace it for free. I've done this twice in the last several months due to lemons I received, but the replacements worked great. Btw, this policy can be called upon without having phone insurance. They will send you a package to send your busted phone back along with the new handset. Good luck..
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

Same issues here. constant data issues. complete lemon. i would recommend two cans and some string as a more reliable means of communication. ive spent more time on the phone with vm regarding my original phone and the two replacements they've sent me than i have out of every vm phone ive owned since 2004/05. whether its due to some sensitive and faulty hardware,local service issues or a combination of both i dont know. but im done with this dung heap. saving to buy another device and possibly on another carrier.
    aaronrw likes this.

i bought the one v and its like night and day. Some data speed issues but all sprint customers suffer from this. Huge online community check xda to start. i'm literally about to flash cm 10 on this bad boy
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

i bought the one v and its like night and day. Some data speed issues but all sprint customers suffer from this. Huge online community check xda to start. i'm literally about to flash cm 10 on this bad boy
    i see a few things i like with t-mobile and straight talk. if i go straight talk im asking them to see if its possible for my service not to be on anything sprint. i know they use at&t and verizon networks also. i dont think they can set things up like that but im going to try if i move to them. their android selection isnt what vm's is but i can live with that for the drop in cost with more service.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis1973 View Post
    i see a few things i like with t-mobile and straight talk. if i go straight talk im asking them to see if its possible for my service not to be on anything sprint. i know they use at&t and verizon networks also. i dont think they can set things up like that but im going to try if i move to them. their android selection isnt what vm's is but i can live with that for the drop in cost with more service.
    yeah 4g on tmobile would be NICE
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Curtis, best bet would be to check both T-Mobile and AT&T coverage in your area, and then buy your own phone from eBay or Craigslist that is locked to whichever carrier has better signal, and buy the corresponding Straight Talk SIM card. (It lets you choose T-Mobile or AT&T)
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    curtis1973 likes this.
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

i KNOW this is going to sound like i am a GLUTTON for punishment..and I AM giving virgin mobile my money... ...but i am going to stick with it to the bitter end or some miracle fix. if it is capacity issues which i think it is,eventually theyll add more capacity. if they dont within a month or so. ill leave them then.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You have checked the site right?
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

yeah,their map shows coverage with no issues. but it just isnt the case. ive been told so many things by their reps i dont know what to believe but the last rep actually sounded like she knew what she was talking about. she mentioned 4G upgrades that would interfere for a time with 3G data,text messaging and calls as well. that during this time you would experience all the issues i have experienced. the only thing that gets me is just how long does it take to upgrade? almost 3 months?

edit: ok this isnt the same pages i was sent to by reps. this shows actual upgrades,etc in my area. im directly in the center of all sorts of towers from every direction. im in the area located top center city view,san souci,cedar lane area..towers swap me dude lol..yet there is all sorts of updates happening. see image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Insight Direction Thoughts on Use of RAM boosting Apps-untitled-1.jpg  
    Last edited by curtis1973; 08-22-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

with this info in hand it resolves for me whats going on with my service and why it has been so bad as of late. i must be in the middle of that next batch of months upgrades with capacity etc..i think ill wait it out. will probably be worth it in the end.