Not showing all my space on sd card?
08-12-2012 08:55 PM
- Hey y'all...I have a 4GB sd card in my elite but in the storage area it only shoes up as a1.93GB card...why is this? I was going to get a32gb card but now I'm not sure if it will even recognize it...even though I thought this phone was supposed to be good for up to 32GB..why won't it show my other 2 GB? One place it says is for gig card but in soothe it says that is only a2 gig...
Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile08-10-2012 01:59 AM
- I do not know if this will help, but do not confuse the Elite's internal SD memory, which is about 2gb (1.93gb), with your external SD card.
Go to Settings >> Storage. This will show the available space of the various types of memory.
Internal Memory is the amount in the internal SD (1.93gb).
SD Card should show the amount of space on the external SD card. This SHOULD show about 4gb (3.9x gb or so) total on your SD card, and how much space is available.
On an un-rooted Elite, only music and photos/ videos can be stored on the external SD card. Downloaded apps can only be stored in the internal memory SD.
When upgrading your external SD card, evaluate how much music and photos you will likely store on the external memory. For me, 4gb is not enough, and 32 gb is overkill. I am using a 32gb SD card that I had in a prior phone. However,I am glad I have the space in case I may ever need it, or use it in another device.
(Note that memory space is always less than rated - such as a 32gb SD card will show something like 29.7gb of memory when new. This is due to formatting/ system taking up some space.)08-10-2012 09:22 PM
- I'm not rooted but have app to sd...it's allowing me to put games on the external I think....mabey not...I have like a half dozen huge games on the phone...not just tiny games...like dead space,nfs, battlefield,inotia 3 and 4, shadow gun, and earth2037...I don't think that'd all fit on the phone, and they disappear when sd is removed
Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile08-10-2012 11:42 PM
- I just downloaded App 2 SD Free app. It is only showing the internal SD (Internal Memory) as the SD card. It is not recognizing the external 32gb SD card I have mounted in the phone.
I do not see any options with the app to for it to recognize the 32gb SD card. It MAY be moving your games to your external SD, I just do not see how. I will have to play with it some more...
Anyway, I usually spend the extra few bucks on higher capacity memory. It is not worth the hassle to replace it if you need more memory space in the future, or if you find you can use it in another device down the road.08-11-2012 12:11 AM
- I am not rooted, so I am no expert on what can or cannot be done with the external SD card after rooting. From what I have picked up from other threads, you can access the external SD card for whatever storage after rooting, however, there may be additional processes needed to get you there.
A word of warning: root only if you understand the process and know what you are doing. The Elite is not an easy device to root.08-11-2012 02:28 PM
- curtis1973King Of Pantsyour 4gb is there,app2sd etc only sees the internal as main sdcard mainly because the app isn't written to offer option to move to second internal sdcard. most apps for moving apps to sd dont as of yet offer support to move to either of the two you want. i doubt their even written to look for a second card outside of the general path they always look to. however i do recall seeing one or two apps mentioned on android forums that were stated to offer this support. Give this a try. Its said to allow selection of which sd you want to move things to,etc https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dooblou.WiFiFileExplorerPRO08-12-2012 08:50 PMLike 1
- curtis1973King Of Pantsas for rooting,there are definite benefits and also some pitfalls. the pitfalls include no working custom recovery and no roms. and rooting isnt to difficult but isnt a one click procedure either. to me it was worth it to remove all lg and virgin mobile bloat. but rooting wont change the sdcard situation. that's something app creators need to add support for.08-12-2012 08:55 PMLike 1
- LG Android Phones
- More LG Phones
- LG Optimus Series
- LG Optimus Elite
Not showing all my space on sd card?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD