Why so quite

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
well to.be blunt...no recovery. no recovery,no roms...no roms...no action. glad im on the one v now. i wish those well with their work on the elite,good community of people who own it. but lg locked the phone down all but good. anyone working on a recovery for the elite has a task on their hands. and with that being the case,and it is...it slows everything to a screeching hault.

blizard

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I still like this phone rooted stock more then my ov running custom rom

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
no doubt. the elite has strong points. but it sorely needs recovery being rooted. leaves you vunerable to brick if anything goes wrong and no way to restore,especially if youve removed bloat apps like many of us do. im pulling for more interest in the phone. its got a lot of potential. would be a beast with strong development.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm also pretty happy with the Elite just stock rooted but I agree with Curtis... It needs a recovery. If not for custom roms the custom recovery would be helpful to noobs to the phone and rooting. There have been quite a few people with bricks that I suspect have removed something they shouldn't have and messes up phone. I do however miss having custom recovery and roms like we did when I had the Optimus V. The one issues I do have with the Elite is the quirky radio that has me rebooting multiple times a day as my data drops out and Virgin Mobile is trying to fix it but we know how that'll go... I'm really tempted to upgrade to the One V..

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
the phone has radio issues out of the box for a number of people. thats why lg pushed that useless update. it would appear they were more concerned with borking root than fixing their defective phone.

blizard

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Is drew still working on the recovery? Or it just to hard period

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
i cant answer that blizard. drew i do know is busy with a number of things. most importantly life lol. im sure he will post something one way or the other in time. whether its a breakthrough or a no go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech