- 8 Posts
uninstalling google maps
Hey everyone! New here, so please bear with me. My phone is rooted using the easy method. I was using Titanium backup to remove apps that I didn't want or need. I get so mad when apps start by themselves and waste battery and memory. Well one of the apps that does this is google maps. I was going to uninstall, and got a warning that it is tired to the ROM and may have dire consequences. Can I uninstall it without anything happening badly to my phone? This is the warning I got.
- 10-31-2012, 04:31 PM #2
Re: uninstalling google maps
I can't say with 100% certainty, but I can say with about 98% certainty that removing Maps shouldn't do any harm.--Chris [cole2kb]
"Any story about malware on any platform...without numbers is not giving you the full picture, and just might be more worried about getting your clicks than any real discussion."
Words to live by: there are always two sides to every story.
- By GalaxyNole in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 03-07-2011, 08:00 PM
- By Bobloblaw in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 1Last Post: 11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
- By Bobloblaw in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 11-22-2009, 10:11 PM
- By craigpicc in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 1Last Post: 11-16-2009, 04:36 AM
- By meballard in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 0Last Post: 11-11-2009, 11:20 PM