Help please

janice914

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on, but here's the issue. It seems there is no connection to get to the internet, play words with friends, get email etc. My phone service with Virgin Mobile is still active, I checked. I can make phone calls, phone works for the offline things. Last night I turned on the WIFI from home and then could do all the online things. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
The issue could be on Virgin's end, but try either rebooting or putting your phone in and out of airplane mode to reset the radios.

janice914

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
How would I know if the data is turned off? My virgin mobile plan includes data, my monthly pay as I go plan started on Dec 16th, so if there is a limit I shouldn't have reached it yet. I have an LG Optimus Elite. I tried putting in airplane mode and then back. I have turned phone off then on. I do have an email request into Virgin Mobile. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings then mobile networks, then make sure "data enabled" is checked. (It might be a little different on your phone depending on what version of android you're running, but you should be able to find it.) I would call Virgin Mobile. A friend of mine had a similar issue and they were able to fix it remotely. Voice worked, but Virgin had to turn on the 3G. They said they activated and to wait a couple of hours and then it started working.

janice914

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Ben, I did find the setting and DATA ENABLED is checked, so I guess that's not the problem. I probably will call Virgin Mobile when I get home from work tonight. It's just a PITA.

janice914

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Now resolved. After a 71 minute call to Virgin Mobile, which did not fix the issue, the rep was forwarding it with great urgency and said I would get a phone call. 30 minutes later, the phone was 'making music'. Notifications were coming in and everything was back to normal. Still waiting on the call back from Virgin Mobile. But, at least it was 'fixed'. First time in 3 years that I have had an issue, so I guess I can't complain. Thanks to all and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos