- 1 Posts
Battery Life Average: Found Phone is Always Awake. Remedies?
I have recently bought a LG Optimus Elite (I know it's out of date, but it fits my budget) and am extremely satisfied with its performance. One problem I am having though is that I only get 1.5-2 days of batter life, which I think is normal for this phone. I rarely turn on WIFI, and if so, only for a cummulative 30 min. a day, bluetooth, gps, and sync (including background syncing) are always off and brightness is all the way as dim as possible. I also periodically go through the manage apps settings each day and force stop on apps that continue to pop up running ( I only downloaded 2 apps btw). My problem is that whenever I check my batter stats (Settings--->About Phone------>battery graph), the blue bar for "Awake" time is still painting about 50% of the batter life, even though every possible source I can think of that would wake up my phone is shut off. Any solutions to the problem?
- 09-02-2013, 03:40 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Battery Life Average: Found Phone is Always Awake. Remedies?
Try downloading and installing a battery manager app such as Battery Doctor. Also get an app that will let you stop all/most running apps and use this every time you're done using your phone for a while. An example is NQ Android booster. Another nice app, though it won't actually save the battery, is Quick Settings. It will automatically send data over WiFi whenever you're connected to a network, and turn off data transfer on the 3G/4G network to minimize that data if you're on a limited data plan.
- By rteichman in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 11-07-2012, 09:52 AM
- By t0mb3rt in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 12Last Post: 08-22-2012, 01:49 PM
- By daevion0 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 18Last Post: 08-09-2012, 09:44 AM
- By Scotlac in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 11Last Post: 07-13-2012, 06:39 PM
- By zguy in forum HTC myTouch 4GReplies: 21Last Post: 01-20-2011, 02:38 PM