Touch buttons on the button disable after screen shuts off. How do I enable them to stay active?

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
When my screen shuts off due to inactivity the buttons like back home and stuff don't work. I am use to my optimus v to where I can press the buttons when the screen goes off to get it back on. Is there a way I can make they stay on even if the screen goes off so I can press them to turn the screen back on? It would be really helpful thank you.

fastobe

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
When my screen shuts off due to inactivity the buttons like back home and stuff don't work. I am use to my optimus v to where I can press the buttons when the screen goes off to get it back on. Is there a way I can make they stay on even if the screen goes off so I can press them to turn the screen back on? It would be really helpful thank you.

On the Elite, a short press of the power button on the top right of the phone will wake it up and light up the screen, like the physical selection buttons do on the Optimus V. I do not think there is a way to make the selection indicator lights wake the phone.

The way to keep the selection indicator lights always lit is: Settings > Display > Front key LED timeout > Always On. This will run down the battery faster and defeat "Front key as an indicator" (just below "Front key LED timeout") for indicating missed messages and calls.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I was really wanting to use the touch buttons as I hate having to use the power button it is easier to just press the touch buttons at the bottom.