LG-E975 after upgrade android to 4.2.2, the camera not working

Ada_Wong

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Would like to seek for advise, I just upgraded the android OS to 4.2.2 and the camera is hang every time. I have tried to install other camera software but it is same. Just black screen. Beside that, I also noticed that the battery life is drain so quickly.

regards,
Ada.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume you've already tried rebooting, correct?

Try booting into Safe Mode, if possible. I can't find any mention of this on the web for your phone, but usually, you can do so by pressing and holding Power until the Power dialog box comes up. Then press and hold the Power Off selection until you get the prompt for Safe Mode. When the phone reboots, all 3rd party apps will be temporarily disabled. This can help troubleshoot if some app you installed is interfering with the camera. If the camera still doesn't work, then the firmware update may have messed it up, and I would suggest contacting LG about this.

You can get out of Safe Mode by rebooting again normally.

Ada_Wong

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, After set to safe mode, my camera is working. Is it I need to do factory reset? What else I can do next beside factory reset? Thank very much.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's working now! Which app did you uninstall that got it to work? It may be helpful for others to know.

Kevin Randall1

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Would like to seek for advise, I just upgraded the android OS to 4.2.2 and the camera is hang every time. I have tried to install other camera software but it is same. Just black screen. Beside that, I also noticed that the battery life is drain so quickly.

regards,
Ada.
unstall then power down wait few second turn back on should work

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams