LG's Optimus G Pro slide leaked: 5-inch 1080p display, 3,000mAh battery and LTE

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
via Engadget:

LG's Optimus G won the hearts of our reviewers, while finding the barely-different Nexus 4 is a feat worthy of a mythological hero. A tipster has sent us the above leaked slide, revealing that there's a new(er) kid on LG's block in the form of the Optimus G Pro. The 5-inch handset comes with an upgraded 1,920 x 1,080 display and is packing a 1.7Ghz Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064, 2GB RAM, 32GB Memory, LTE and a 3,000mAh battery -- tallying with a separate leak we've spied on Blog of Mobile. Reportedly weighing in at 160 grams and measuring 139 x 70 x 10.1mm, there's talk of Jelly Bean, a 13-megapixel rear camera and 2.4-megapixel forward-facer for even better self portraiture. Naturally, as a Japanese phone, you'll also find One-Seg and NOTTV functionality baked inside -- which only adds to our complex that those in the Far East get all the best toys.

Emphasis added.

optproo600-1358503455.jpg

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Too bad they couldn't squeak a Snapdragon 600 in there

Who cares. It's heading to Japan.
The next one released in the US is probably still going to be the Optimus G2 and may have an updated processor by then...possibly the 600. The specs do look good, though. I have always said that if they just increase the thickness every so slightly for more battery life, it would be a great compromise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if Verizon got this, blackmanx has been hinting at Verizon getting something from LG soon that will kill the competition. Maybe this is it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if Verizon got this, blackmanx has been hinting at Verizon getting something from LG soon that will kill the competition. Maybe this is it.

This reminds me of the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket that came out after the S2, but months ahead of the S3, albeit only on one carrier.

All I know is that in early summer, there should be a lot of good choices out there for high end phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
With it being 3000mah, I wouldn't mind it not being user replaceable. I mean that's the way devices are headed and although I'm not a fan, if it's big enough, I can handle it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey