Things I miss from iOS - Just jumped from Iphone 4 to LG Optimus G pro

wuttang

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
just changed from 2 years of Iphone 4 to LG Optimus G pro

what I miss aren't the iOS or apps but the lil things and some cydia hacks
sucks I can't tap topbar to goto top of a long page
NO textexpander ugh (using KB suggestions don't count.)
bought a podcast player. but later found out I need to buy seperate app to speed up play. ugh
Miss using volume keys to skip/rewind 30 secs while jogging listening to my podcast
NO activator for motion shortcuts
no callbar hack
not as many games (but that's not a big deal)

Don't get me wrong, I love the huge screen and the phone's power
im happy i can trash itunes now
my old iphone4 seems like a lil toy now
I love how transfering files to and from is so much simpler
I havne't gotten into checking out all the different launchers yet, but I will.
and unlike the Iphone, don't feel a big need to root my Op G Pro yet.

My experience so far has been good, but a more "open" OS seems to be missing a few useful hacks imo

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

wuttang

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
textexpander let me quickly use shortcuts
I'd use it for long phrases, my emails or web addresses
ex) I'd type accf and it'd write out the whole adress I stored 4 me

wuttang

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
thanx for the help
Smart keyboard, SlideIt both offered similar functions i mentioned above. surprisingly, Swype didn't.
Still testing out both to see which one to buy.

anyways, has anyone found a simple way to goto the top of the page on long docs or webpages like on the Iphone?
how about re-program my volume keys into other functions, like to skip songs while I carry my phone in my pocket?

thank you very much.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
thanx for the help
Smart keyboard, SlideIt both offered similar functions i mentioned above. surprisingly, Swype didn't.
Still testing out both to see which one to buy.

anyways, has anyone found a simple way to goto the top of the page on long docs or webpages like on the Iphone?
how about re-program my volume keys into other functions, like to skip songs while I carry my phone in my pocket?

thank you very much.
I've found the lack of UNDO to be profoundly disturbing. Also the way a keyboard will work differently in different text fields and that cutting/copying/pasting doesn't typically work. The returning to the top is surely missed as well. Some browsers allow you to use/create gestures to do this, but it should be standard. Also annoying, when I view an attachment or link, I don't want to download it to my phone. I just want it to open, especially since it usually takes two tries to download anything and I still have to open it in another program.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
not as many games (but that's not a big deal)
^^This is the only reason why I still use an iPod touch. However, Android has come a loooooonnng way in offering quality gaming apps. It could still improve but I think gaming isn't generally considered to be a top priority of the Android OS like it is on iOS. Still, I much prefer gaming on a separate device anyway because I like using my phone and its battery for... well... communication and navigation purposes.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would not compare a 2 year old iPhone model to an LG Optimus Pro. The iPhone 5 and iPad 4 gpu's smoke any android device if you are interested in gaming and the assortment of games is dramatically better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674