Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Things I miss from iOS - Just jumped from Iphone 4 to LG Optimus G pro

just changed from 2 years of Iphone 4 to LG Optimus G pro

what I miss aren't the iOS or apps but the lil things and some cydia hacks
    sucks I can't tap topbar to goto top of a long page
    NO textexpander ugh (using KB suggestions don't count.)
    bought a podcast player. but later found out I need to buy seperate app to speed up play. ugh
    Miss using volume keys to skip/rewind 30 secs while jogging listening to my podcast
    NO activator for motion shortcuts
    no callbar hack
    not as many games (but that's not a big deal)

Don't get me wrong, I love the huge screen and the phone's power
    im happy i can trash itunes now
    my old iphone4 seems like a lil toy now
    I love how transfering files to and from is so much simpler
    I havne't gotten into checking out all the different launchers yet, but I will.
    and unlike the Iphone, don't feel a big need to root my Op G Pro yet.

My experience so far has been good, but a more "open" OS seems to be missing a few useful hacks imo

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Default Re: Things I miss from iOS - Just jumped from Iphone 4 to LG Optimus G pro

What I miss most are GLOBAL Badge Notifications (those little red #'s).
    Some Apps do it for SMS, GMail & Calls but IMO that's just not enough - once you get use to them it's hard to not have 'em!

It can be a bit tricky to setup initially, but GLOBAL Badge Notifications is achievable on Android too--> [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications

Default Re: Things I miss from iOS - Just jumped from Iphone 4 to LG Optimus G pro

Quote Originally Posted by wuttang View Post
    NO textexpander ugh (using KB suggestions don't count.)
    Not sure exactly what you like about Textexpander (because I'm not familiar with it), but maybe SwiftKey might be helpful?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

textexpander let me quickly use shortcuts
    I'd use it for long phrases, my emails or web addresses
    ex) I'd type accf and it'd write out the whole adress I stored 4 me

Maybe this one?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tkeyboardtrial

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

thanx for the help
    Smart keyboard, SlideIt both offered similar functions i mentioned above. surprisingly, Swype didn't.
    Still testing out both to see which one to buy.

anyways, has anyone found a simple way to goto the top of the page on long docs or webpages like on the Iphone?
    how about re-program my volume keys into other functions, like to skip songs while I carry my phone in my pocket?

thank you very much.

thanx for the help
    Smart keyboard, SlideIt both offered similar functions i mentioned above. surprisingly, Swype didn't.
    Still testing out both to see which one to buy.

anyways, has anyone found a simple way to goto the top of the page on long docs or webpages like on the Iphone?
    how about re-program my volume keys into other functions, like to skip songs while I carry my phone in my pocket?

thank you very much.
    I've found the lack of UNDO to be profoundly disturbing. Also the way a keyboard will work differently in different text fields and that cutting/copying/pasting doesn't typically work. The returning to the top is surely missed as well. Some browsers allow you to use/create gestures to do this, but it should be standard. Also annoying, when I view an attachment or link, I don't want to download it to my phone. I just want it to open, especially since it usually takes two tries to download anything and I still have to open it in another program.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

not as many games (but that's not a big deal)
    ^^This is the only reason why I still use an iPod touch. However, Android has come a loooooonnng way in offering quality gaming apps. It could still improve but I think gaming isn't generally considered to be a top priority of the Android OS like it is on iOS. Still, I much prefer gaming on a separate device anyway because I like using my phone and its battery for... well... communication and navigation purposes.

I would not compare a 2 year old iPhone model to an LG Optimus Pro. The iPhone 5 and iPad 4 gpu's smoke any android device if you are interested in gaming and the assortment of games is dramatically better.
    iPhone 5s-Verizon
    Moto X Verizon
    Nexus 7 2013
    Nexus 10
    iPad Air-Verizon