Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Cool This phone looks great!

I had been an avid iPhone user for the previous 5 years but upon seeing the LG Optimus G Pro I instantly knew I had to switch. I have been patiently waiting for this phone for months to come out and while I went ahead and used my upgrade to get the HTC One, which I have fallen in love with, I would definitely consider picking this up a year from now as an excellent back up. I hope LG is successful with this phone and I hope they can pry some sales away from Samsung since competition = better for us.
    Android convert and proud owner of the HTC One since 4/20/2013
    Where art thou webOS?

Default Re: This phone looks great!

I'm surprised more people haven't came to this board.

I can't wait till the 10th to get this phone I'm honestly tired of my Galaxy Nexus since the battery is so horrible

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Yeah, LG doesn't get any love both from the tech press and Android enthusiast.

I think a lot of us Android enthusiast like to think that we only care about what is objectivity better in a phone. That we don't buy a phone based simply on who the manufacturer is.

On paper the OG Pro is a very compelling device and there should be more interest.

It ticks all the boxes that the Android enthusiast are suppose to care about: fast processor, big battery + removable, microSD card, big / high resolution screen, lots of RAM, 14MP camera etc... But alas none of that counts for much unless there is a Samsung logo on it.
    You can always achieve your goal by lowering your expectations.
    calvin35 likes this.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Sadly you are correct. I have decided to go ahead and pre-order mine tomorrow, why not they are giving you a free LG flip cover case with wireless charging built into the back cover, what did Samsung give us with the GN2, oh yeah 16GB of storage with about 10GB of usable space. The S4, you got nothing but shortages, excuses and no 32GB devices in the US. I need a phone now, now in 3 months when Samsung gets around to it.

This addresses my issues with the GN2, namely storage and it competes with the S4 on all other marks so its worth a go.
    jrb363 likes this.

Yea I love how people complain about the LG launcher, but how many people actually use the stock launcher "besides me"?
    I never run with the herd I buy what I like and if that happens to be what the heard likes then great if not great. There is nothing wrong with this phone if you like the size.

I can't wait to get my hands on this device.

You guys hit it right on with having one of the best specs on the market but just because its LG it gets over looked.

Im gonna take the rest and not look back. I was stuck with a Droid X for 2 years and a Galaxy Nexus for 2 years as well so I can't complain.

I just hope Att version of the OG Pro comes with the extra battery and charger

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well so much for the extra battery and charger I just saw the unboxing videon technobuffalo and it just comes with the charger and USB cable

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 RC1/Stock

I would get this phone tomorrow if Sprint had it. Thought for sure Sprint would have it from day one given they had the Optimus G. Gonna wait as long as I can and hope AT&T's exclusive deal doesn't last too long.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Each3 View Post
    Well so much for the extra battery and charger I just saw the unboxing videon technobuffalo and it just comes with the charger and USB cable

Correct, no extra battery and no charger like the S.Korean model. They may be getting it since they also get a TV Antenna and LG likely feels people are going to drain that battery fast watching TV. At any rate I just ordered mine today at the local store and having it shipped there. I need to port a couple of lines over so I have to stop in anyways.

I also found out that a) if you pre-order before May 9th you get the free flip cover case (black) as part of the order, my rep wasn't sure it comes with it or not and if it doesn't he will just make sure I get one at no charge. They will also have (2) other cases and (1) basic screen protectors at the AT&T store.

I had to pay for my case, because the pro was only for 2 year contract and I paid FP. But that's okay I just an old phone to cover the cost.

I pre-ordered on the 3rd. Like the OP I've been using an iPhone for years. This will be my first Android device. I'm very excited. I've wanted this phone since it was first announced.

I'll report back with impressions once I use it. Sadly I cannot find any docks online for my desk and nightstand. I plan on using the free folio case that AT&T is kind enough to provide.
    jrb363 likes this.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I will be switching from a Note II to the Optimus G Pro, main reason will be due to the narrower build of the Optimus Pro allowing for easier one hand use in my opinion plus having a 3140 mAh battery is a plus because the Note II has got me spoilt in the battery dept. Looking forward to its retail availability, I will be grabbing one....

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

@RoboMonkey, How much was FP taxes included? I will be grabbing one too at FP so I'm curious, thanks

I may buy at FP (even though I become eligible on 6/30 AFAIK, heh) but I won't pre-order. I need to play with this thing and get my hands on it before I commit. I may end up with a GS4 instead (unlikely but theoretically possible) depending on how these things feel to the hand. I LOVE what LG did with integrating the notification light into the home button, but all the junk in the notification shade bothers me: I'm very curious if we can configure some of it away (I frankly don't ever see myself using the Qslide apps if the task switcher is accessible at all).

Quote Originally Posted by alc2077 View Post
    @RoboMonkey, How much was FP taxes included? I will be grabbing one too at FP so I'm curious, thanks
    $642.59 with tax (I did have to buy the case as well). Why do phones cost more than computers?

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I went online and if you order online it gets added to the cart and a credit is applied. I chatted with ATT support and they suggested I cancel my order at the store and do it online. Nice try online sales, but my rep made it clear he would get me the case. The ATT page CLEARLY states you get the case with a pre-order between May 3 - 9 online or in store. So typical carrier crap where they are trying to stick it to the physical store reps and cost them sales.

I have (2) lines now with no contract, I am very happy.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

As much as I'm in love with my HTC One I might have to get this phone off contract and switch between the two. I went with the HTC One because I had an upgrade to burn (been waiting for almost 4 years to upgrade) and the One just had that 'it' factor I couldn't pass up. However, the Optimus G Pro was the first Android phone I saw that gave me that 'WOW' feeling and I still want one so badly, if nothing other than to have one 'just because'. Kind of a dumb reason but it was love at first sight.

For technical reasons I want the Optimus G Pro for the swappable batteries and expandable storage, neither of which the One has. I figure with two phones I can get the best of both worlds. The solid, sexy build of the One along with the excellent screen, speed, and sound from the front speakers while enjoying nearly unlimited storage with swappable microSD cards and nearly unlimited battery life from the Optimus G Pro.
    Android convert and proud owner of the HTC One since 4/20/2013
    Where art thou webOS?

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Sounds logical to me, I would say get one on order and get the free case with it

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I went online and if you order online it gets added to the cart and a credit is applied. I chatted with ATT support and they suggested I cancel my order at the store and do it online. Nice try online sales, but my rep made it clear he would get me the case. The ATT page CLEARLY states you get the case with a pre-order between May 3 - 9 online or in store. So typical carrier crap where they are trying to stick it to the physical store reps and cost them sales.

I have (2) lines now with no contract, I am very happy.
    Online page says the G Pro ships on May 3rd. Does that mean we should receive it then or that's when it leaves the warehouse?

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

From what I have read so far, it's supposed to ship out on May 7th and the official launch is May 10th. Anything goes really and you could get it early or by Friday at the latest. Either way I am out of town starting tomorrow so I can't even enjoy mine until I get back

From what I have read so far, it's supposed to ship out on May 7th and the official launch is May 10th. Anything goes really and you could get it early or by Friday at the latest. Either way I am out of town starting tomorrow so I can't even enjoy mine until I get back
    When I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 I received it the day it was officially released. (Sept 21 I believe.) This was also the same day it became available in stores.

With the G Pro we just have a declaration that it will ship on the 7th. It could very well be that it leaves it's destination that day. It could also be that we receive it that day. I really don't know. My order status reads 'in progress' online. If memory serves me right they don't update the online tracking until its actually left the warehouse. I know the G Pro is available on some AT&T floors for demo but I'm just going to wait till it arrives at my house for a first time use. More fun that way.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Same with mine, but I am shipping it to the store where I ordered it from. I was able to set up a small business account and get some extra perks I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't gone in and my rep is getting me the case that the system didn't add. I hope everyone gets theirs early so I can read about how great it is when I get back into town on Friday before I pick it up

Same with mine, but I am shipping it to the store where I ordered it from. I was able to set up a small business account and get some extra perks I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't gone in and my rep is getting me the case that the system didn't add. I hope everyone gets theirs early so I can read about how great it is when I get back into town on Friday before I pick it up
    Order status is shipped. Surprised to learn it's coming via USPS. iPhone 5 came with FedEx. No tracking available for now despite a number.
    Last edited by blair.harrington; 05-07-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Mine is coming via FedEx and my GS4 is coming via UPS, but it's going back for the 32gb version. Both should be here on Thursday.

When this thing comes to Sprint it is rumored to have the newest processor so I will be selling my GN2 and picking this one up for sure. Tired of these Samsung products with the horrible lag.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast