Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts

Default Re: Questions about the LG Optimus G Pro? Ask Android Central!

Can anyone confirm if the AT&T unlocked can get LTE on TMobile in the US?

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Not sure, what is T-Mo's LTE frequencies?

Do notifications for text, fb etc show up on the lockscreen or does the home key just light up?
    LadiJae likes this.

I know how to change the lock screen setting, however I do not know how to have more than one calendar appointment on there? For the lock screen suggestions?

Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Not sure, what is T-Mo's LTE frequencies?

I can't find any info if the US version supports 1700 for LTE or not, but it doesn't look like it. I wish someone can confirm if it does or not.

However, I did read that TMobile is switching their HSPA+ to 1900, which I believe the G Pro supports. So it seems in a best case scenario, the G Pro will only get HSPA+, which is still not bad, just not LTE.

The only reason I ask is that I live in the Silicon Valley and T-Mobile launched LTE here and I've been told several times that it's getting great reception and download speeds from friends who have LTE devices.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

The AT&T US version uses their 700Mhz frequencies so the best you would get is HSPA+ (3G) but listed as 4G. On T-Mo that may not be bad given their speeds.

Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts

The AT&T US version uses their 700Mhz frequencies so the best you would get is HSPA+ (3G) but listed as 4G. On T-Mo that may not be bad given their speeds.
    Thanks

To be honest, I'd be completely happy with HSPA+ as I've seen TMobile consistently provide 15+Mb/s in my local area, which is plenty. But of course if it's an LTE device, why not use it, right?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR A View Post

I can't find any info if the US version supports 1700 for LTE or not, but it doesn't look like it. I wish someone can confirm if it does or not.

However, I did read that TMobile is switching their HSPA+ to 1900, which I believe the G Pro supports. So it seems in a best case scenario, the G Pro will only get HSPA+, which is still not bad, just not LTE.

The only reason I ask is that I live in the Silicon Valley and T-Mobile launched LTE here and I've been told several times that it's getting great reception and download speeds from friends who have LTE devices.
    I could have sworn i've already mentioned this ( or maybe it was a totally differen forum). Most of the new Att phones (from my experience) uses AWS=1700/2100 for their LTE frequency. Tmobile uses their AWS bands for LTE now. If a new US LTE phone is unlocked it will work on both tmobile and Att. I've unlocked both an ATT S4 and now a G Pro, they both work on tmobile LTE band (AWS) and I recieve LTE speeds. You can also recieve 3G/4G speeds on the 1900 band.
    Thanked by:
    JR A 
    JR A likes this.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I think you are correct. I had read it was 700Mhz but after I rechecked LG's site here is their info. So I think you would be ok.

Type
    Form Factor
    4G Technology
    Processor
    RAM
    Network
    Frequencies
    Data Transmission
    Dimensions
    Weight
    Display
    Touch Screen
    Battery Capacity
    Talk Time
    Standby Time
    Internal Memory
    MicroSD™ Memory Slot
    Smart Phone
    Bar
    GSM, LTE***
    Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 Processor with 1.7Ghz Quad-Core CPUs
    2 GB
    GSM Quad Band/UTMS Tri Band/LTE Dual Band***
    LTE CAT 3 Band 4, and 17, HSPA+ 21 Mbps, UMTS 850/1900/2100 MHz, GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz***
    EDGE, GPRS Class 10, UMTS (W-CDMA), HSDPA, LTE Bands 4/17
    5.91" (H) x 3.00" (W) x 0.37" (D)
    6.14 oz.
    1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS Display, 5.5"
    Yes
    3,140 mAh
    Up to 15 hours and 30 minutes*
    Up to 24 days*
    32 GB
    Support up to 64 GB**
    Certain features may use more power and cause actual time to vary.
    MicroSD™ cards sold separately.
    All listed frequency support is network/carrier specific. When roaming, network specific frequency support may not be available. Check with your network provider to see if and to what extent they offer support for this device.
    Thanked by:
    JR A 
    JR A likes this.

I am absolutely loving my new G Pro.

A couple of issues I am seeing:

1) Battery life not as good as advertised. I am getting about a full day out mine so far. Still tweaking to find best combination of config options.
    2) Phone speaker cuts out at times when using a BT or wired headset. This is weird in that I can be on a call with a headset and all of the sudden it switches back to the default. I have to re-toggle to get it back to my headset. ATT support says this could be faulty hw. I am more believing that its a sw glitch.
    3) ATT phone call drops. Wow I never knew this would be such a big issue. I would love to hear opinions on this one.
    4) ATT Smart Wifi. While I know this is not a feature of the phone it is a feature of the service provider. Does anyone use this? I am having hit or miss luck with this, and I think its a battery hog.

Other than that I switched from Verizon to ATT with this phone, as I was a long time VZW customer(back to the Bell Atlantic days if anyone remembers that). While Verizon might have the largest LTE deployment ATT kicks their *** with the largest overall 4G deployment(LTE, HSPDA, UMTS). I stay in 4G and thus the battery life is better. With my former VZW phone I would constantly flip from 4G to CDMA. Killed my battery life.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Thanked by:
    JR A 
    JR A likes this.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I too was a Verizon customer (still am for their LTE modem at my house) from way back when they were Frontier Cellular then Bell Atlantic then Verizon Wireless so about 15 years or so. I agree the LTE coverage of ATT vs VZW is not equal BUT ATT kicks their butts in my market 4 to 1 in ATT's favor. In the area near my house its 4G (HSPA+) and while its 3-5Mbps its faster than than Verizon's 3G at best is 800k.

Dropped calls are an interesting thing but so far I haven't had any big issues other than at my house but that is due in part to the terrain and signal issues. I may require a microcell (but I don't want to spend $200). So I might forward my mobile to my house phone when I am home at night and not worry about it

I will have to test out the BT in my car and my BT headset to see what calls are like, I would say have it replaced under warranty and if it keeps acting up then they will need to do a software fix.

Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akuma13 View Post
    I could have sworn i've already mentioned this ( or maybe it was a totally differen forum). Most of the new Att phones (from my experience) uses AWS=1700/2100 for their LTE frequency. Tmobile uses their AWS bands for LTE now. If a new US LTE phone is unlocked it will work on both tmobile and Att. I've unlocked both an ATT S4 and now a G Pro, they both work on tmobile LTE band (AWS) and I recieve LTE speeds. You can also recieve 3G/4G speeds on the 1900 band.
    I think you are correct. I had read it was 700Mhz but after I rechecked LG's site here is their info. So I think you would be ok.

Type
    Form Factor
    4G Technology
    Processor
    RAM
    Network
    Frequencies
    Data Transmission
    Dimensions
    Weight
    Display
    Touch Screen
    Battery Capacity
    Talk Time
    Standby Time
    Internal Memory
    MicroSD™ Memory Slot
    Smart Phone
    Bar
    GSM, LTE***
    Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 Processor with 1.7Ghz Quad-Core CPUs
    2 GB
    GSM Quad Band/UTMS Tri Band/LTE Dual Band***
    LTE CAT 3 Band 4, and 17, HSPA+ 21 Mbps, UMTS 850/1900/2100 MHz, GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz***
    EDGE, GPRS Class 10, UMTS (W-CDMA), HSDPA, LTE Bands 4/17
    5.91" (H) x 3.00" (W) x 0.37" (D)
    6.14 oz.
    1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS Display, 5.5"
    Yes
    3,140 mAh
    Up to 15 hours and 30 minutes*
    Up to 24 days*
    32 GB
    Support up to 64 GB**
    Certain features may use more power and cause actual time to vary.
    MicroSD™ cards sold separately.
    All listed frequency support is network/carrier specific. When roaming, network specific frequency support may not be available. Check with your network provider to see if and to what extent they offer support for this device.

Thanks guys!!!

Now the next question I have... How could I get TMobile wi-fi calling feature on an unlocked G Pro?

I know, I know, now I'm really stretching for that one...

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR A View Post
    Thanks guys!!!

Now the next question I have... How could I get TMobile wi-fi calling feature on an unlocked G Pro?

I know, I know, now I'm really stretching for that one...
    Lol you really are. I believe Tmobile wifi calling would be close to impossible without tmobile's propriety software on it. Maybe the XDA boards know.

I live in a brick apartment building so reception is bad with tmobile. Luckily my main number is a google voice number, so the combination of that and GrooveIp with wifi is a godsend.
    JR A likes this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

After shopping around, bought the Samsung Note 2. It basically came down to price of upgrading from an iPhone 4S. Now, I am looking for the blueberry wallpaper that's in the LG Optimus G Pro. Hoping someone can upload or share that with me. Thanks.

I've read that the G Pro (Jellybean 4.1) supports Miracast. But I've also read elsewhere that you need 4.2 for this to work. So, which is it? Will the G Pro be able to use Miracast right out of the box or is that a future ability? Also, if Miracast can be used right now on 4.1, is it possible to use the phone's video camera to transmit live video to another Miracast enabled device, or can it only be used for the typical streaming media (Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, etc...) and whatever "pre-recorded" media you might playing on your phone's screen?

Quote Originally Posted by andygoldusa View Post
    I've read that the G Pro (Jellybean 4.1) supports Miracast. But I've also read elsewhere that you need 4.2 for this to work. So, which is it? Will the G Pro be able to use Miracast right out of the box or is that a future ability? Also, if Miracast can be used right now on 4.1, is it possible to use the phone's video camera to transmit live video to another Miracast enabled device, or can it only be used for the typical streaming media (Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, etc...) and whatever "pre-recorded" media you might playing on your phone's screen?
    You don't need 4.2. I had miricast working on my LG Og without 4.2 but for whatever reason haven't got it to work with my OG Pro. Just says connecting on the tv and phone shows connected.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

here's the blueberry wallpaper you were looking for enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Questions about the LG Optimus G Pro? Ask Android Central!-wallpaper_01.jpg  
    Thanked by 3:
    hsk1610 and ssgsunny like this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Thank you for sharing.
    Thanked by:
    deliciousfag likes this.

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Can we get a screenshot of the text notification on the lock screen please if possible?

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 ~
    ~Jae~

Quote Originally Posted by Anndrew Vacca View Post
    You can have up to five home screens.

Posted via Android Central App
    I cant seem to find the seetting to change this.. i have 5 home screens, but need only 2

Quote Originally Posted by kevtie View Post
    I cant seem to find the seetting to change this.. i have 5 home screens, but need only 2
    Pinch-to-zoom at any of the home screens. You'll "zoom out" into an overview of all them. Press and hold one to drag it to the "Remove" thing at the top. This is also where you'd add new home screens if needed.

I was in a car wreck and my lock button does not work anymore, is there another way to power on the device? All other features work besides the lock button, the phone died and now I cannot power it back on. When plugged into the charger it says fully charged so I know the phone is stillworking just not the power button

I've just bought the Optimus G Pro and I'm having problems with L.E.D not being bright enough, even though I have the brightness setting at 100%
    It will flash bright then dim down again.
    Can anyone help because it doesn't look as cool as it should

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Pickens View Post
    I was in a car wreck and my lock button does not work anymore, is there another way to power on the device? All other features work besides the lock button, the phone died and now I cannot power it back on. When plugged into the charger it says fully charged so I know the phone is stillworking just not the power button
    I would take it in to your local AT&T store and tell them about the lock button issue you are having, they may be able to just swap it out for you regardless of the accident or not. Especially if there is no other visible signs of damage to the device.

Does not hurt to just ask them and see what they can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anndrew Vacca View Post
    You can have up to five home screens.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm currently able to have up to 7.

Has there been other updates before the update that dropped today that could have bumped up the amount of home screens? I honestly never even checked until after updating today and reading through this thread.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast