Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Questions about the LG Optimus G Pro? Ask Android Central!

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    I have two stylii, one is the rubbery-tip kind and the other is the soft-metal-mesh kind. They both work just fine with my OGP, as they are bog-standard capacitive stylii that each cost me under a buck (well, the metal-mesh was a little more, but it's got a pen and a laser pointer).

I've never tried a Galaxy stylus, but they may use some different tech. I can't for the life of me imagine why, but...
    Do you have to enable Stylus detection on the OGP? If so, how do I enable it? I noticed that my Galaxy Note 8.0 let's you disable pen detection, so I figured it might be something you'd have to turn on with the OGP since it doesn't come with one but is compatible.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
    Do you have to enable Stylus detection on the OGP? If so, how do I enable it? I noticed that my Galaxy Note 8.0 let's you disable pen detection, so I figured it might be something you'd have to turn on with the OGP since it doesn't come with one but is compatible.
    The OGP sees a stylus as a finger. No software. No settings.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X 2013 -> Moto X 2014 -> Note 4
    Tablet: Nexus 7 2012
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    The OGP sees a stylus as a finger. No software. No settings.

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to buy a normal stylus for it at some point.

Lg g pro's camera is one of the best

Love the phone i have the lg g and pro, sad about the mhl for the pro

i am a new user of smart phones.i am confused between optimus g and g pro.i want to know how the screen size of 5.5'' and 4.7 '' going to affect my dally uses.does this g pro usable in dally life and did i take this to every where.lastly sory for my bad english

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
    For further explanation.

The Note has a special stylus specifically designed to work with its hardware. They do not work on other phones at all, you can only use a rubber tipped stylus on most phones. The silly thick rubber tips are meant to simulate a finger press, and it's not possible to make a rubber tip thin enough to compare to a Note stylus. I believe the Note stylus communicates wirelessly, and that is how it functions. Since no manufacturer sells a wireless stylus seperate from the Note hardware, no other phone will support detection of a wireless stylus.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Chinmay Panda View Post
    i am a new user of smart phones.i am confused between optimus g and g pro.i want to know how the screen size of 5.5'' and 4.7 '' going to affect my dally uses.does this g pro usable in dally life and did i take this to every where.lastly sory for my bad english
    I find the G Pro fits my needs perfectly, but I have somewhat large hands. I can operate it pretty comfortably with a single hand - though the upper corner can be hard to reach when holding it naturally. A number of other people, including my wife, have found the G Pro is much too big for them to even try to use one-handed.

It's a little too large to fit in a jeans pocket and feel comfortable sitting down for fear of breaking the screen. If you carry your phone around in your pocket it may not work well for you unless you wear pants with cargo pockets. I use a neoprene pouch that fits on my belt to carry it, so pocketability is not that important to me.
    Chinmay Panda likes this.

Thanks for your valuable review

When I got my new phone, the AT&T tech transferred all my contacts into it. I then got an app (Smooth Sync) that allowed me to get all my MAC contacts from the iCloud. Now I have double contacts. I don't know how to take out the AT&T contacts without deleting them one by one. How can I clean up my contacts list in this new phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Adnaloy View Post
    When I got my new phone, the AT&T tech transferred all my contacts into it. I then got an app (Smooth Sync) that allowed me to get all my MAC contacts from the iCloud. Now I have double contacts. I don't know how to take out the AT&T contacts without deleting them one by one. How can I clean up my contacts list in this new phone?

My phone constantly turns off by itself as if it's dead. When I try to power on it won't. The only way to get it to power on is putting it on the charger then I have to wait because it will say to to charge more to power on. My phone isn't dead it will be at full charge. I can't figure out why it is doing this and no where online does it talk about this problem.

Exclamation Re: Questions about the LG Optimus G Pro? Ask Android Central!

Could someone tell me if it's possible to get the standard Android split-screen multi-view capability (seen in the new Galaxy tablet and S4) on the OGP? It looks like AT&T and LG have opted for this alternative "value-pack" update that keeps the QSlide feature instead of allowing the Android split screen feature--but I can't tell. The split screen feature is a make-or-break issue for me. I don't like QSlide at all.

Links to sources on this topic would be helpful as well. I've been digging for hours.

There is no standard Android split screen multi view setup. Samsung's is a custom Samsung thing, just as QSlide is a custom LG thing.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4

the 4g on my LG Optimus Pro shut off & I cant get any calls or text, and i'm in an area where I always do. do you know how I can turn it back on?? thank you!

i have one problem with the lock screen . my lockscreen shows clock on 2 different cities the same as the photo : Questions about the LG Optimus G Pro? Ask Android Central!-40051_605.jpg and i cant change that , i want to show only one city , also i have tried changing the settings on lock screen : lock screen - Clocks and shortcuts i select clock to be bigger or clock + calendar after i tap save nothing happens , the screenlock remains the same

I downloaded 2 mixtapes on my phone, and in order to listen to them, I have to extract them. I hit the button that says extract & it says "Cannot extract files" "Extracted to email folder in SD card" I was told to try going to my settings and extract them that way, but I can't figure it out. Anyone know how to extract them?

Hi,can anyone advise a replacement compatible charger for Lg Optimus G pro F240s?can i use original samsung s3 or note 2 charger?thanks

Trying to edit the lockscreen buttons and effects:
    I looked in all the suggested places, but there is no "clocks and shortcuts" or "effects" options at all. I have select screen lock, wallpaper, hidden pattern, owner info, lock timer, power button instantly locks, vibrate on touch, and make pattern visible. There is nothing else.

Did they remove this feature or stuff it somewhere else in a recent patch? I just bought the phone today...

Ok that's weird... you cant change the apps or effects if you have the pattern lock for some screwy reason.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runwithme View Post
    Hi,can anyone advise a replacement compatible charger for Lg Optimus G pro F240s?can i use original samsung s3 or note 2 charger?thanks
    I actually prefer the Samsung charger and bought two of them. The micro usb fits much tighter on the Samsung than the oem Lg. Works fine.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3 running CM11 M2 using Tapatalk Pro.

Hi, I have Optimus LG e-970. I am looking for the best voice activated app for calling/texting/emails, etc. I spent $20 on a highly rated app called EVA but it doesn't seem to recognize my contacts? Thank you!!

Hi,
    Just dump my Note 2 and switch to G Pro E988. Anyone knows how to restore the backup (done with Kies 3) to G Pro?

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Hello to all...I'm really considering the LG Pro. E980
    Could anyone tell me if russian language among others in list of available languages ?

Hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Questions about the LG Optimus G Pro? Ask Android Central!-1396355688652.jpg  

How do you turn off the auto sending of LG Optimus G PRO when you have no load at all. It is already irritating that it prompts a "your don't have enough balance to send a text...etc." more that 30 TIMES. How do we turn that auto send? BTW, I'm from the Philippines and using a local carrier called Globe. I don't know if its the phones fault or my carrier. Please help. Thanks guys! <3

~~Karma06

I am having the same issue. I want to change the clock on my lock screen, but there's no option for clocks & short cuts. I tied changing the lock screen to swipe, but it didn't work for me. Any suggestions? Same phone LG optimus g pro
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast