Questions about the LG Optimus G Pro? Ask Android Central!

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I cant seem to find the seetting to change this.. i have 5 home screens, but need only 2

Pinch-to-zoom at any of the home screens. You'll "zoom out" into an overview of all them. Press and hold one to drag it to the "Remove" thing at the top. This is also where you'd add new home screens if needed.

Megan Pickens

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I was in a car wreck and my lock button does not work anymore, is there another way to power on the device? All other features work besides the lock button, the phone died and now I cannot power it back on. When plugged into the charger it says fully charged so I know the phone is stillworking just not the power button

SH8122

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I've just bought the Optimus G Pro and I'm having problems with L.E.D not being bright enough, even though I have the brightness setting at 100%
It will flash bright then dim down again.
Can anyone help because it doesn't look as cool as it should :(

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I was in a car wreck and my lock button does not work anymore, is there another way to power on the device? All other features work besides the lock button, the phone died and now I cannot power it back on. When plugged into the charger it says fully charged so I know the phone is stillworking just not the power button

I would take it in to your local AT&T store and tell them about the lock button issue you are having, they may be able to just swap it out for you regardless of the accident or not. Especially if there is no other visible signs of damage to the device.

Does not hurt to just ask them and see what they can do for you.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
You can have up to five home screens.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm currently able to have up to 7.

Has there been other updates before the update that dropped today that could have bumped up the amount of home screens? I honestly never even checked until after updating today and reading through this thread.

CarlosSpiceyW

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a couple of Optimus G Pro Questions

1. Is the device too large to put in your front pocket? Please be honest....
2. How has LG's update history been. Do you honesty think this device will get 4.2? or even 5.0 (KLP)?
3. Has anyone...found a way to get the qslide or the brightness bar...from the notification bar?

Thanks

csw

juzzyschizo

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi can anybody help xc
My lock screen is showing the default android swipe lockscreen even when I set it to Swipe>Dewdrop..

Screenshot_2013-07-17-19-22-30.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Screenshot_2013-07-17-19-22-38.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi can anybody help xc
My lock screen is showing the default android swipe lockscreen even when I set it to Swipe>Dewdrop.
They're two different options. Swipe is the method chosen to open the lockscreen. Dewdrop is the animation used when unlocking it.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Answers inline with your questions. Hope they help.

I have a couple of Optimus G Pro Questions

1. Is the device too large to put in your front pocket? Please be honest....

Depends on your pockets, but I'd have to say, in general, "no". At least not in jeans pockets if you plan on sitting down. This is an unapologetically large phone. The bezel is all but nonexistent, but the screen is frikkin' huge, and "you canna change the laws of physics, Captain!" :) While thin, it's still a 3-inch-by-6-inch phone. I use an old neoprene pouch holster that I used to carry my PalmPilot 3 around in, and even it is too small for the velcro closure to hold, so I have a rubber band around it to hold it shut. Redneck chic.

2. How has LG's update history been. Do you honesty think this device will get 4.2? or even 5.0 (KLP)?

It's possible we will, but I'd call it somewhat unlikely, particularly on the carrier version. Look how long it's been since the Value Pack came out, and AT&T is just now releasing that. Even if LG releases 4.2 or some Key Lime Goodies, it may never reach carriers. It's a very functional phone all the same, and I never plan on a non-Nexus phone getting a major update.

3. Has anyone...found a way to get the qslide or the brightness bar...from the notification bar?

Yes, apparently with root this is possible. I don't root. But I have come to love qslide and particularly the ease of brightness adjustment. Your mileage, opinion, and willingness to root may vary.

e1tonka

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 questions:

1: I have had Galaxy S3/S4 and all the iPhones under the sun. I need to know if I am missing something here. in my text message menu, when I am IN a conversation thread, there is no 'back' button like there was on my Galaxi (plural lol). Is this simply omitted or do I somehow have something disabled?

2: When I save a picture from the internet, it doesn't go into my pictures by default as it did in my Galaxi. It stays in my "download" folder, making it counter intuitive to go fishing for it. I'd like to default all "long press" saved pics to go to my 'gallery'.

3: I get mixed info seeing as there are a few alternate models of this phone world wide about overclock. I also find somewhat old threads, has the boot loader been unlocked yet, with an accompanying overclock kernel? The S4 was default set to a higher GHz and it can be felt in some interactions.

:)

juzzyschizo

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
They're two different options. Swipe is the method chosen to open the lockscreen. Dewdrop is the animation used when unlocking it.

Yeah but even if I choose Swipe then Dewdrop, when i lock it, it's not the dewdrop animation that's gonna happen, it's the default android swipe lockscreen.. >_<

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yeah but even if I choose Swipe then Dewdrop, when i lock it, it's not the dewdrop animation that's gonna happen, it's the default android swipe lockscreen.. >_<
Not sure what the problem could be. Mine works as expected though that's little help to you. It's worked before and after the software update.

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it normal to only have 600mb of ram free when no other applications are running?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-22-08-49-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-22-08-49-44.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 30

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Is it normal to only have 600mb of ram free when no other applications are running?

Completely normal. There shouldn't be any problem with lag as the memory is being used to cache apps for future use. If you add the task manager widget to one of your screens, you can clear memory on the fly. It will also clear it every 12 hours or whatever you've set in its settings.

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Why do all the videos I play (no matter where I play them, Internet, YouTube etc.) play out of sync? It's very annoying!

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Is the G Pro compatible with a Stylus? I tried using the Stylus from the Galaxy Note 2 on the G Pro displayed right next to it, but it didn't work. Didn't know if it's because the Galaxy Stylus is different from a normal stylus or if the G Pro just can't use styluses.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Is the G Pro compatible with a Stylus? I tried using the Stylus from the Galaxy Note 2 on the G Pro displayed right next to it, but it didn't work. Didn't know if it's because the Galaxy Stylus is different from a normal stylus or if the G Pro just can't use styluses.

I have two stylii, one is the rubbery-tip kind and the other is the soft-metal-mesh kind. They both work just fine with my OGP, as they are bog-standard capacitive stylii that each cost me under a buck (well, the metal-mesh was a little more, but it's got a pen and a laser pointer).

I've never tried a Galaxy stylus, but they may use some different tech. I can't for the life of me imagine why, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36