Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default IR blaster

Has anyone had any luck setting up a dish network receiver with the IR blaster on this phone?

I set mine up on direct TV. I know when I set my HTC One up I ran into issues. Make sure your box is set to receive IR. Some dish and direct TV are set up for RF I think it is. It should be in menu settings on your dish remote

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by ratchetjaw#AC; 05-11-2013 at 08:19 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: IR blaster

Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw#AC View Post
    I set mine up on direct TV. I know when I set my HTC One up I ran into issues. Make sure your box is set to receive IR. Some dish and direct TV are set up for RF I think it is. It should be in menu settings on your dish remote

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    I had same issue with my one as well. My box is set up for ir. I've been trying this for like an hour now and it just keeps saying try again and it just wont work. I got my tv to work no problem. Starting to get a bit aggravated

Oh okay i see. Not sure. I downloaded the peel app and got the same. It connected fine to my tv and directtv box though. Will try it again. Just factory reset mine about this browser double tap issue. May be exchanging mine tomorrow.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i just checked my stock browser for the heck of it and mine does zoom with double tap either, maybe thats not an option? The boat browser did it fine though
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim71 View Post
    i just checked my stock browser for the heck of it and mine does zoom with double tap either, maybe thats not an option? The boat browser did it fine though
    Thank you for checking. Mine doesn't on Boat or Dolphin. Does on Chrome. Will go to at&t and check the show case one. Probably exchange for another one

Update: checked display model and it did the same so kept the one I had. Just using UC Browser and Chrome for now.
    Sent from Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by ratchetjaw#AC; 05-13-2013 at 08:11 AM.

I just set mine up and it works great without any issues... I have an LG tv and Directv and setup was quick and easy....

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums

Out of the One, S4, and Optimus G Pro... I like the IR software in that order.

To help out with the lack of a guide, I'm using the Xfinity app for Comcrap in Houston.
    #1 Cricket Wireless Forum Owner
    Verizon - HTC One Max
    AT&T - Samsung Note 3 | LG Nexus 5 | Apple Mini

Jim sent me a PM... I should have written this out here prior to that... Sorry...

"I wish I had a Dish Network receiver... Instead of using Dish Network as the receiver, do you know who makes the unit? I have Comcrap, but when I program my phones I have to use Scientific Atlanta (that's who makes the actual box)..."
    #1 Cricket Wireless Forum Owner
    Verizon - HTC One Max
    AT&T - Samsung Note 3 | LG Nexus 5 | Apple Mini

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Out of the One, S4, and Optimus G Pro... I like the IR software in that order.

To help out with the lack of a guide, I'm using the Xfinity app for Comcrap in Houston.
    I agree. The Ones is really nice

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Have you got your IR blaster working yet? How old is the receiver?

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Jim sent me a PM... I should have written this out here prior to that... Sorry...

"I wish I had a Dish Network receiver... Instead of using Dish Network as the receiver, do you know who makes the unit? I have Comcrap, but when I program my phones I have to use Scientific Atlanta (that's who makes the actual box)..."
    I tried to contact them when setting up my one because there was issues there as well. Htc has an option for situations that where you point the remote at the phone and it will 'learn' the functions of each button. It's a pia but it works. Anyway, dish told me that they manufacture there own boxes, so I even tried going under echo star anfd that did not work either.

I tried to contact them when setting up my one because there was issues there as well. Htc has an option for situations that where you point the remote at the phone and it will 'learn' the functions of each button. It's a pia but it works. Anyway, dish told me that they manufacture there own boxes, so I even tried going under echo star anfd that did not work either.
    That's a tough one sorry I can't help out more. Yes I like that relearn(map button) feature and wish this one had it also