Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By badMojo69
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Step child?

I have read a couple of reviews on this phone.
    It looks amazing, but reviewers are like "it's way better than Note 2"
    Umm. Note 2 is old news. Why are they not pitting it against HTC one and S4?

The reviews are like ya its great. Next.
    It seems as tho its being treated like the step child of android.
    Why aren't people amazed by this phone like they are the s4?
    All the eye features on S4 sucks.
    The almost touch the screen is stupid. Just touch it.
    And waving your whole arm at your phone, useless.
    I am thinking of getting this phone or S4.
    I would disable all that crap on s4. It causes lag and hardly works anyways.

I don't get it. Maybe someone can explain why LG is getting No love for a great device.

Default Re: Step child?

I agree. I have S4 now and have all the useless features disabled. Also, the S4 is still quite jittery. On my way now to AT&T to check out the G Pro. Have a feeling I'll be leaving with one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

It's only really being compared to the N2 because of its size. It definitely holds its own against the One and S4. I have the S4 and because of all the features Samsung crammed in. The Pro is definitely a smoother experience even though the S4 is clocked faster.

I only consider going back to my S4 because it just feels better in the hand. Don't get me wrong the Pro is entirely more manageable than the N2.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

- 13.3 Retina MacBook Pro
    - AT&T LG G2 | AT&T LG Optimus G Pro
    - AT&T Samsung GS4 | AT&T Galaxy Note 3 | Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 | Samsung Galaxy Gear
    - AT&T Nokia 1520
    - T-Mobile Xperia Z1s
    - LG G Pad 8.3 GPe
    - 16GB Google Nexus 5 | 32GB Google Nexus 7 2013
    - 32GB iPad Air | 16GB iPad Mini Retina

Because even though LG is in the top 3 smart phone OEMs the media has an inherit bias towards HTC for some stupid reason despite the fact they are a sinking ship. To be honest I think someone is being bribed...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

I have always preferred lg, they have awesome radios and keep the skin near stock.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

I've seen alot of reviews comparing it to the HTC One and S 4. Makes more sense to compare it with a Note 2 though given the size.

Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    I have read a couple of reviews on this phone.
    It looks amazing, but reviewers are like "it's way better than Note 2"
    Umm. Note 2 is old news. Why are they not pitting it against HTC one and S4?

The reviews are like ya its great. Next.
    It seems as tho its being treated like the step child of android.
    Why aren't people amazed by this phone like they are the s4?
    All the eye features on S4 sucks.
    The almost touch the screen is stupid. Just touch it.
    And waving your whole arm at your phone, useless.
    I am thinking of getting this phone or S4.
    I would disable all that crap on s4. It causes lag and hardly works anyways.

I don't get it. Maybe someone can explain why LG is getting No love for a great device.
    - - - Updated - - -

Huh? You mean Samsung right...;-). There is definitely a backlash happening against Samsungs cheap feel and bloated and ugly Touchwiz. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by jwyche007 View Post
    Because even though LG is in the top 3 smart phone OEMs the media has an inherit bias towards HTC for some stupid reason despite the fact they are a sinking ship. To be honest I think someone is being bribed...

Posted via Android Central App
    iPhone 5s-Verizon
    Moto X Verizon
    Nexus 7 2013
    Nexus 10
    iPad Air-Verizon

I never did understand why the media was bagging so hard on this phone. There is nothing wrong with it.
    The funny thing is most of the negativity went away once the general public was able to get their hands on it.

I own a S4 so I feel I have a right to say this...its looks and feels like cheap crap. I'm sorry it does. The menus are ugly, confusing and the device it's not worth $200.
    It's nothing but marketing hype and my wife loves it. With the GP at least I feel like I got my moneys worth out of it and I paid FP.

As for the N2 and Galaxy 8 those are nice if once does a lot of writing. They feel worth the money and I'm off my soap box.
    Phonejock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by badMojo69 View Post
    I never did understand why the media was bagging so hard on this phone. There is nothing wrong with it.
    The funny thing is most of the negativity went away once the general public was able to get their hands on it.

I own a S4 so I feel I have a right to say this...its looks and feels like cheap crap. I'm sorry it does. The menus are ugly, confusing and the device it's not worth $200.
    It's nothing but marketing hype and my wife loves it. With the GP at least I feel like I got my moneys worth out of it and I paid FP.

As for the N2 and Galaxy 8 those are nice if once does a lot of writing. They feel worth the money and I'm off my soap box.
    I like the feel of mine and use nova launcher. Screw touch wiz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

BTW. my wording when talking about the S4 could have been said differently...
    I honestly don't care for the eye, hand wave, and almost touch feature. I had actually decided on the S4 until I got my hands on the LG O.G.P. today at the store.
    I don't want anyone to take it as be bashing such an awesome phone (S4). I would have disabled all that stuff and still loved the rest of it.
    I think whats different for me. I've never had an android phone in my hands for more than a minute. I don't have any loyalties to Samsung or HTC or LG etc.
    I think I have made a good choice with the LG. Maybe not. Maybe not going with the two juggernauts will bit me in the ****. I don't know.
    I just instantly liked the LG when I saw it. I hope I am not making a bad decision, but I guess only time will tell.

Can't wait to give it a try tho.

I believe part of the problem is that LGs first couple of phones had problems and the updates took forever. I agree that they've gotten better though. It's too big for me though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta