1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up [VIDEO] LG Optimus G Pro - Using the Google Wireless Charging Orb and Other LG / Nokia Chargers

This thread will have to start out with just the WCP-700 by LG (which is commonly found at Verizon Wireless) and the Nexus 4 Wireless Charger (aka the Google Wireless Charging Orb).

My cord for the Nokia DT-910 was modified for use within a vehicle and the DT-900 cord (which is the same) is at work.

LG WCP-400 (Google Wireless Charging Orb)

LG WCP-700

LG WCP-300 (retails for $40!)

Nokia DT-900 and DT-910

Last edited by chrisngrod; 05-19-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    #1 Cricket Wireless Forum Owner
    Verizon - HTC One Max
    AT&T - Samsung Note 3 | LG Nexus 5 | Apple Mini
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Default Re: [VIDEO] LG Optimus G Pro - Using the Google Wireless Charging Orb and Other LG / Nokia Chargers

Thanks for the video. Just looking to grab a cheap DT 900 or WCP 700 now!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

- 13.3 Retina MacBook Pro
    - AT&T LG G2 | AT&T LG Optimus G Pro
    - AT&T Samsung GS4 | AT&T Galaxy Note 3 | Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 | Samsung Galaxy Gear
    - AT&T Nokia 1520
    - T-Mobile Xperia Z1s
    - LG G Pad 8.3 GPe
    - 16GB Google Nexus 5 | 32GB Google Nexus 7 2013
    - 32GB iPad Air | 16GB iPad Mini Retina
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: [VIDEO] LG Optimus G Pro - Using the Google Wireless Charging Orb and Other LG / Nokia Chargers

No problem. I like the atmosphere over here. Seems a little bit more friendly than XDA?
    Verizon - HTC One Max
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Added Nokia DT-900 and DT-910.

Definitely don't get the DT-910.
    Verizon - HTC One Max

How do you feel about the LG wireless pad. I read it uncontrollably beeps at night and that it stops charging once at full charge.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    How do you feel about the LG wireless pad. I read it uncontrollably beeps at night and that it stops charging once at full charge.
    Oh... I hated it...

Lol...
    Verizon - HTC One Max

I will not be doing that. Lol. I just want something that works right out of the box. Would you say the nexus is best? I read a lot of posts saying the angle at which it stands is no good and the phone constantly loses balance and is very hard to place at the correct angle. And this was with a smaller nexus 4. I'm thinking the Samsung wireless charger will probably be the best for the LG optimus G pro. Opinion on that?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

iPhone 5s-Verizon
    Moto X Verizon
    Nexus 7 2013
    Nexus 10
    iPad Air-Verizon

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

My local VZ store has the WCP-300 for $40. I am gonna pick it up after I get my OG Pro on Thrusday.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Google Orb is what I keep by my bed. Seems to work fine with this device. Angle hasn't been an issue.

Keep in mind that the output of the DT-900 is 3/4s that of the LG WCP-700 or WCP-400 (Google Orb).
    Verizon - HTC One Max

Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by madgalaxy View Post
    My local VZ store has the WCP-300 for $40. I am gonna pick it up after I get my OG Pro on Thrusday.
    Good call, $40 is not a bad price.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Added WCP-300!
    Verizon - HTC One Max

Saw a review stating the LG and google chargers have a 1 amp output & the nokia is about 750 mA. The normal travel charger is rated at 1.8 amps, So going wireless will slow your charging time- some more than others.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Pretty sure I stated that in one if not all the videos. If not though, shame on me.

I believe I found an app that gives pretty accurate readings on charging current. I'll go through all of these charges and show you guys how they fair versus the supplied LG Travel Charger and the 2A output Samsung charger (included with S4).
    Verizon - HTC One Max