[VIDEO] Speaker Test - Optimus G Pro vs HTC One vs GS4 vs Note 2

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com

Alright, my motivation behind this came from a couple of different things. I was sitting in bed playing a game, and I really thought the volume was low on the Optimus G Pro. The video shows that it is actually the loudest out of the bunch I believe. The other reason was because I love the stereo speakers and Beats integration on the HTC One. I gave that phone up to my wife in order to get the Optimus G Pro.

Not sure if the mic was good enough for a comparison. Probably requires adequate speakers on your end as well. I can get some better recording equipment if anyone wants.

Since I have the GS4, HTC One, Note 2, iPhone 5, and Optimus G Pro feel free to leave suggestions on future videos. It would probably be easier for you to tell me what to do vs me guessing what everyone wants to know :)!

Thanks...

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
The One may not be the loudest but it sounds the cleanest. My note 2 is louder than my One but i prefer the sound of it over the note 2

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

Gaby Isnardo

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi! i would like to ask you something.. I'm from Argentina and i'm waiting that the lg optimus g pro to come out for sale to decide wich one to buy... I'm between Galaxy S4, Xperia ZL or Optimus G Pro... the question is.. have you noticed overheat in the G Pro? I've had previous LG phones that after a short time of use couldn't be touched because of the heat :'(... If you did.. is it normal compared to the s4? or more?
Apologies for my poor english and thank you in advance..:)

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
I read that the LG Optimus G Pro was coming out in other countries soon.

I have noticed no problems with it in general or with heat specifically. All of these phones are still in my possession except the Note 2. I use the Optimus G Pro daily and still love it.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I read that the LG Optimus G Pro was coming out in other countries soon.

I have noticed no problems with it in general or with heat specifically. All of these phones are still in my possession except the Note 2. I use the Optimus G Pro daily and still love it.

Im so amazed on this phone really! Im using it for like 2 hours straight FB, FlipBoard, sports forums, Android forums, etc and it never gets hot unlike my s3, As far as speaker goes i think its ok. What ive notice is the headphone volume is louder than my s3 which is good

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Jillxz

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
The One may not be the loudest but it sounds the cleanest. My note 2 is louder than my One but i prefer the sound of it over the note 2

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

I thought it had those amazing "Boom" speakers. I was under the impression that it would be louder than anything else because of these front facing "Boom" speakers. Just hard for me to believe the One is not the loudest of any smartphone that has ever been created. They even say you don't need headphones because these speakers are so loud. I simply don't believe they are not the loudest of all smartphones.

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
I thought it had those amazing "Boom" speakers. I was under the impression that it would be louder than anything else because of these front facing "Boom" speakers. Just hard for me to believe the One is not the loudest of any smartphone that has ever been created. They even say you don't need headphones because these speakers are so loud. I simply don't believe they are not the loudest of all smartphones.

Definitely not the loudest, but many people wouldn't argue that the quality seems to be the best.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I think "front facing" is the key. The OGPs speaker (singular) is rear-facing. It's capable of putting out a good volume, but being rear-facing all that sound is being projected away from you when you are playing a game or watching a video.

I found a measurable increase in volume by cupping my hand behind the phone, reflecting the sound back to me, instead of just having the speakers try to fill the whole room with sound.

So the One, for video/gaming/daily use, is probably going to have a "cleaner" sound even if the speakers were not technically superior, simply because you don't have to drive them as hard to get an acceptable volume.

The OGP's speaker seems more designed for speakerphone use, or possibly listening to music with the screen off, face-down.

Setting the phone down on its back muffles it a lot, and a case makes it worse.

I don't use the speakers on my OGP a lot, and I usually play any games and whatnot silent or with headphones, so this is not a real factor for me. But if one of your primary uses is to watch videos or listen to music, well, you'll have to decide between one of the largest and clearest and most drop-dead freaking GORGEOUS screens out there, or for about the same money a smaller screen with better speakers.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Sitting across the room from my wife, trying to hear a video, I've gotten the occasional complaint about how loud the video I can barely hear is. Cup my hand behind the phone to reflect the sound, and all is well.

So, if audio is of primary importance to you, front-facing speakers for the One would be a major plus.

Not important enough for me, but I can see where people might value it.

The G Pro is my daily, and I've definitely cupped speaker in the back when showing people Youtube videos, etc.

My favorite phones are still G Pro > HTC One > GS4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2